Director of Admission and Specialized Recruitment
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director of Admission and Specialized Recruitment Kents Hill
School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country,
located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day
students together from across the world to engage in self-discovery
and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity,
and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive
to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning
for all. Our caring and deeply engaged faculty members truly know
each student, and because of that are able to create
transformational experiences. With student-centered inquiry at its
core, the academic curriculum merges the four dimensions of
learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL
(project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong
support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their
passions in athletics and the arts and develop leadership potential
with over 30 clubs and activities. Reporting to the Dean of
Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions and Specialized
Programs oversees Kents Hills' specialized recruitment efforts.
This includes our International Program, specialized recruitment
through Community-Based Organizations (CBO's), and Partnership
Programs with identified businesses within Maine. The Director
supports the development, organization, management, budget, and
reporting of international recruitment, CBO's, and Partnerships and
will be responsible for relationship building with key people and
organizations. This position will also work closely with
international families and consultants throughout their time at
Kents Hill, continuing the relationships and communications that
they develop during the recruitment process. In addition, they will
work with colleagues in Student Life to develop programs to support
all students, with a particular focus on international
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently develop, manage, and execute a strategic travel
plan (8-10 weeks) to visit countries within the territory.
- Implement targeted calling/email/mail campaigns to accelerate
students through the enrollment funnel.
- Manage a large volume of daily correspondence while offering
top-notch customer service.
- Meet with prospective students in-office visits and give campus
- Maintain a wealth of information about Kents Hill's
academic/social/athletic/artistic opportunities so as to personally
and persuasively recruit students and tailor messaging to achieve
- Responsible for meeting yearly enrollment goals as they impact
net tuition revenue for Kents Hill.
- Represents Kents Hill on-and off-campus events as needed and
participates in the formulation of events (both in-person and
/virtual) when appropriate.
- Drives the analysis and development of certain key markets
internationally and domestically through brand management and
relationship building such as working with stakeholders with abroad
marketing companies, and agencies.
- Interviews prospective students and effectively conducts
pre-admission counseling to ensure a thorough understanding and
acceptance of Kents Hill School and its programs.
- Monitors the flow of students as they move through the various
stages of the admission funnel.
- Oversees all phases of international student file reviews,
including verifying finances and scores, reviewing transcripts and
English language assessments, and ensures smooth transitions for
enrolling mission-appropriate students with full/high-pay
recruiting and enrollment as a top priority.
- Builds and maintains relationships with independent counselors,
academic advisors, study abroad agencies, Community Based
Organizations, and key partners.
- Creates travel reports and market white papers to secure
information flow to the rest of the Admission Team.
- Leads calling campaigns, webinars, and yield events
- Participate and plan Admissions events as directed, including
- Tracks marketing campaigns and trends within markets.
- Travel outside the United States approximately 3-4 times per
semester for 1-2 weeks at a time.
- Serve on a weekend duty team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School and the
Dean of Enrollment Management Qualifications
- A minimum of five years' experience in international student
recruitment with success in meeting application and enrollment
- Proficiency with virtual meeting software platforms, Office 360
(Outlook, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
Notebook, and Zoom)
- Must be goal or results-oriented
- Excellent coordination, project management, and time management
- Logical and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be available to travel 50% of the time
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to present the
School in a positive way to diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and
as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and effectively function in a fast-paced
and team environment
- Comfortable working under the pressure of time and
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills, exceptional
customer service, and the ability to work collaboratively with a
wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the desire to take a lead role in
developing strong relationships with international consultants,
community-based organizations, and business partnerships.
- Ability to lead a significant enrollment effort for Kents Hill
School. This position is designed for an experienced international
recruitment professional. Kents Hill School is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take
affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO
rights as an applicant. About Kents Hill School Kents Hill School,
one of the oldest boarding schools in the country, has a foundation
of caring and deeply engaged faculty members who truly know each
student. Our 180 students, grades 9-PG hail from 25 states and over
20 countries. Our small size allows for a transformative
educational experience rooted in community, character, and values.
Our academic leadership team supports teachers, while also
encouraging all members of the community to be lifelong learners as
together we positively shape all aspects of student learning. Kents
Hill fosters confident, forward-thinking young men and women who
are striving to make a difference in the world. Our breathtaking
400-acre campus is nestled in the midst of the Belgrade Lakes, with
access to our state-of-the-art facilities including the Bodman
Performing Arts Center, the Alfond Athletics Center, and the
O'Connor Alpine Center. Kents Hill is close to major ski resorts,
the Maine coast, and the state capital. The state's largest city,
Portland, with its lovely historic district and lively array of
restaurants and shops, is only an hour away. With vigorous
academics, vibrant arts programs, outstanding athletics facilities,
and focus on cha ... Show more NAFSA: Association of International
Educators 1307 New York Avenue NW, 8th Floor Washington, DC
20005-4701 Phone: 1.202.737.3699 - Fax: 1.202.737.3657
Keywords: NAFSA, New England , Director of Admission and Specialized Recruitment, Human Resources , Readfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!