Sr. AD, Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description:Description\:To provide consultative leadership on
business challenges and associated people and organizational
implications. Influence and lead human capital planning, change
management, organizational consulting & design, and diversity,
inclusion & engagement initiatives while utilizing business process
principles. Provide strategic thought leadership with a global
perspective and champion the values and culture of the
organization. Productively challenge the status quo and voice
innovative observations, questions and ideas.The Sr. Associate
Director operates independently and acts as a key point of contact
across teams within one business unit area or site. They generally
support at least one Senior Executive business leader level client
(as well as those in levels below Sr. Executive) with
complex/multiple function organization. The Sr. Associate Director
will work on broad initiatives across site/function.Accountable for
the right organizational set up, people and organizational
capabilities and people behaviors matching the current and future
business needs, creating the conditions for continuous development
of performance and engagement and enhancing the company
culture.Accountable for delivering consulting, guiding and steering
activities, partnering with the assigned function/sub-function
management team, in order to achieve the current and future
business strategy from an HR perspective, including ensuring the
adherence to global standards, local regulations and Corporate
Steering Parameters.In this context, act on the development of the
organization, management of talents, transformation & change and
organizational effectiveness/performance, ensuring the appropriate
liaison of COEs and their respective governance, as well as with
other Group Functions teams.As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim,
you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and
delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global
presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
employees.Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Function as an internal consultant to leaders in achieving
business goals. Advise and guide management on organizational
effectiveness, especially the alignment of processes, systems and
- Organizational Health, Culture, workforce engagement and
environment\: Accountable for enhancing the company culture,
analysis of the organizational health and engagement on a regular
basis (e.g. survey) including measurement and link of the outcomes
with operational results.
- Partner with the business leaders to drive strategic human
resources initiatives that support business goals.
- Build organizational capabilities.
- Organizational design & effectiveness\: Accountable for
ensuring the right organizational design, processes, skills sets
and people behaviors.
- Brokers and maintains relationships with key executive
stakeholders at the local, regional and global level. Brokers the
relationship with leaders for key COE services (diversity &
inclusion, Total Rewards, TLO, HR@GBS) ensuring efficient and
effective services are provided to meet the needs of the US
businesses while supporting opportunities to harmonize across.
- Implementing HR solutions developed by COEs providing feedback
to CoEs and GBS during design or implementation phase, ensuring
adherence of the business to (global) standards and piloting local
stakeholders' engagement (works councils, leaders, employees---)
via robust communication/ implementation plan.
- Ensures applicable employment laws, regulations, policies,
procedures, and systems are in place to minimize employee relations
problems and, when faced with violations of policy, those incidents
are handled professionally and with minimal risk to the corporation
(in concert with ER&C).
- Accountable for qualitative outcome and execution of\:
- Translating strategic business needs into talent and
development action plans; in line with business strategy
- Identifying talents across the businesses and steering their
development, in support of leaders
- Creating the conditions for continuous development of
performance and engagement through the elements such as,
recruitments, development, remuneration and career path
- Managing a global talent pool that serves for succession plans
and develops the future leaders of BI
- Strategic Workforce Planning incl. budgeting\:
- Accountable for qualitative outcome and execution of local
workforce planning, taking into account the business/function
strategy and external environment
- Highlighting the critical skills, skills mix, skills shortages
and overages, geographical mix, and workforce mix (owned /
- Matching the current and future business needs
- Ensuring having the right People at the right time and the
- Ensures HR processes and policies are implemented in compliance
with the Global Code of Conduct, global / local standards, external
- Bachelor's degree (or similar degree) from an accredited
institution in Business Administration, HR Management or similar
- Master degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Human Resource experience in a
business partner capacity and/or in organizational development in
positions of increasing authority is required.
- Experience working with and leading the employees and leaders
within the business on projects and change management initiatives
in support of results for the business/function.
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in
a global environment required.
- Global assignment experience highly preferred.
- Requires business acumen and an understanding of all the
various business functions in the company.
- Must function equally well at the strategic, tactical and
- Knowledge of HR disciplines including talent selection and
development, workforce planning, compensation, benefits,
performance management, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated success working in a Matrix environment regionally
and globally within the HR function and across the business
- Strong project leadership ability required.
- Strategic thinking ability, and strong business judgment
connecting human resources with the business strategies and
- Influencing, relationship building, and effective facilitation
and change management skills.
- Address organizational culture and include culture
considerations on each decision taken.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build
rapport with management and employees and contribute to all aspects
of the organization.
- Strong ability to act and strong influencing skills.
- Demonstrated track record of success in Labor Relations and the
collective bargaining process.Eligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19.Who We Are\:At Boehringer Ingelheim we create
value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives
of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative
healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans
and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who
nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning
and development for all employees is key because your growth is our
growth.Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join
us in our effort to make more health.Boehringer Ingelheim is an
equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a
diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives
and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our
employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's
actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair
texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national
origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender,
gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical
or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical condition; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or
characteristic protected by applicable law.#LI-SF1PDN1
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, New England , Sr. AD, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Ridgefield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!