Payroll Specialist and Account Payable Clerk Backup
Company: Silver Hill Hospital
Location: New Canaan
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Setting the Standard for Exceptional Care
For ninety years, Silver Hill Hospital has been at the forefront of
psychiatry and leading the way in providing the best treatment for
psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Our track record of success is
based on a carefully executed team effort, one that uses an array
of powerful tools, talent and knowledge to help people with
psychiatric or substance use disorders.
Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, CT is seeking a part-time
Payroll Specialist (25 hours per week). The Payroll Specialist will
work closely with the Payroll Administrator and report directly to
the Finance Manager. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for
supporting the payroll and the reporting
- Process weekly payroll: (1) review, adjust and approve eTime
records (2) verify data input received from personnel (3)
troubleshoot payroll issues (4) keep track of paid-time-off and
- Record monthly payroll journal entries in the General Ledger.
Maintain and update monthly accrual estimates, including accrued
payroll expenses, paid-time-off and employer 401K
- Maintain records for W-4's, CT W-4's and other deductions such
as garnishment, health insurance, and 401K. Set up wage
garnishments and child support payments; process through payroll
system and complete necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate preparation of annual W-2 payroll reports, reconcile
payroll data and submit monthly, quarterly and annual payroll
reports to federal and state agencies.
- Set-up employee direct deposits and establish new banks as
- Review employee paychecks for accuracy.
- Conduct research and make recommendations related to
multi-state payroll tax compliance issues including interfacing
with third-party payroll tax filing service. Communicate government
regulations affecting payroll to management.
- Review and distribute Gross Pay & Benefit Accrual reports to
- Create and generate weekly/monthly ADP reports.
- Process all payroll adjustments such as replacement of lost
checks, stop payments on checks as needed, retroactive pay
adjustments, advance vacation requests, etc.
- Interface with Human Resources staff to assess the accuracy,
integrity and completeness of employee information.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the ADP Workforce Now
and eTIME systems.
- Oversee continuous process improvements and software
- Performs other duties as assigned including special projects
and analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Accounts Payable
- Verify accuracy of invoices from vendors for hospital
- Obtain necessary authorization for payment of invoices.
- Code and enter invoices and credit memos into accounts
- Make suggestions for process improvements recommendations, help
implement improvements and provide great customer service to our
internal and external customers.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent computer skills; experience with ADP Workforce Now
and Sage systems
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and organizational
skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills along with creative thinking
about solutions with others (be able to effectively communicate
with all levels throughout the department and company)
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a
- 5+ years of related Accounting experience
- Excel skills (various formula functions, vlook-ups, pivot
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental
benefits including HSA and 401K
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays
- Flexible, part-time work scheduleSilver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road
New Canaan, CT 06840www.silverhillhospital.orgAll qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.Silver Hill Hospital has
mandated the COVID-19 vaccination for all staff, contractors,
consultants, students and volunteers. For more information, or
accommodation questions, please reach out to the Human Resources
Keywords: Silver Hill Hospital, New England , Payroll Specialist and Account Payable Clerk Backup, Human Resources , New Canaan, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!