Registered Nurse RN PRN - Float Staffing
Company: St. Vincent's Health Serv, CT
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job ID: 268959 Registered Nurse RN PRN - Float Staffing Bridgeport, Connecticut Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Staff RN PRN - Floater City, State:-- Bridgeport,CT Location:-- St Vincent's Medical Center Department:----Float Staffing 001 Additional Job Details:--PRN,Rotating,--0 hours,Weekly About Us St. Vincent---s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent---s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent---s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved. Job Description Job Summary: The-- Staff RN - Registered Nurse PRN - Floater, provides direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Connecticut Department of Public Health--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--2 Months (60 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Red Cross--obtained within--2 Months (60 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.-- Education and Work Experience:
- Associate Degree--
- Associate Degree in Nursing Required, BSN Preferred
- 2 years of Medical Surgical experience required.Critical Care experience preferred. How To Apply Like what you see?-- Want to learn more about how we can add to your career and your future? Click on Apply to submit your application to our exciting opportunities. -- We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for. Equal Employment Opportunity St. Vincent---s Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.-- The recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or any other employment decision made by St. Vincent---s Health Services based on the needs of St. Vincent---s Health Services and the job related qualifications and abilities of the candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, union affiliation, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, job assignments, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. -- St. Vincent---s Health Services is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9).-- This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees, volunteers-- and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer.-- E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process.-- The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent's Health Serv, CT, New England, Registered Nurse RN PRN - Float Staffing, Human Resources, Bridgeport, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!