Company: The Baker Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Technical Support Representative provides technical
assistance to the company's external customers such as product end
users, certifiers, lab technicians, lab managers, safety officers,
and prospective customers by answering their complex technical
questions concerning our products and supply parts. In addition,
the position provides technical assistance to TBC's Marketing,
Sales, and Customer service personnel. Coordinate the repair and
maintenance of our products under warranty and assist the customer
in this area when they are not. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Service Management, Quality Department, and other
vested parties, when required, for reporting of cases by month,
year, and type for trend analysis.
- Work with Service Management to continuously improve the
Technical Services Group and the Baker Company through various
- Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous, helpful, and
- Able to reply to incoming calls, voicemails emails, and
correspondence submitted through the Baker Company website in a
timely and professional manner.
- Log warranty calls, call data and other pertinent information
into our call management system.
- Maintain and open/closed case call format system.
- Work with product end users, field technicians and other
various individuals to diagnose and/or trouble shoot Baker and
BakerRuskinn products in the field.
- Coordinate with other internal company groups (Manufacturing,
Quality, Engineering, etc.) to get the customer's answers as
- Analyze and define technical inquiries from end users, field
techs and other various individuals either over the phone or via
- Provide Test Reports, Test Data, manuals, drawings, and other
pertinent information as requested.
- Able to perform trend analysis of incoming calls to anticipate
possible areas for improvement.
- Review and understand Operator/Service Manuals and provide
input for possible changes and be able to make these changes.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the
customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts
to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework,
transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over
processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic
thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge
the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved
in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools
and concepts to improve the flow of information and material
- Write and/or offer input for Infield Installation Instructions,
- Provide part numbers and part quotes to end users, field
technicians, CSRs and other various individuals as requested.
- Enter parts orders as required.
- Some travel for field work may be required.
- Be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical
drawings and schematics.
- Perform other duties as needed and prescribed by Service
Management. KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Able to meet customer's needs (internal and external)
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to internal and
- Manage incoming calls
- Keep Service Management updated on current issues/cases.
- Provide case resolution in a timely manner. PHYSICAL
- Must be able to lift materials and parts weighing between 30-40
lbs. occasionally (10%-20% of the time)
- Must be able to talk on the phone and work on the computer for
extended periods (up to 80% of the time) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years Assembly, test/technical troubleshooting
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of MS Office (Word,
- Knowledge of CAD a plus
- Some knowledge of ERP/MRP/Case management systems
- Must have good listening, communications, and excellent phone
- Must be capable of concentration and be detail oriented for
- Must be able to multitask
- Electrical/ mechanical background PI129338410
Keywords: The Baker Company, New England , Technical Support, IT / Software / Systems , Sanford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!