Field Service Engineer, Mechatronic for West Coast
Company: Bausch+Str--bel GmbH + Co. KG
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your
project management skills in a successful and growing company? If
you have a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative
environment and you are looking for long term growth then check out
this opportunity at Bausch + Stroebel Machine Company, Inc.!
Bausch + Stroebel's Policy and Goals: to provide the best technical
and economical answers to the challenges presented by the world
With this clearly defined company goal in mind, we design, build
and sell packaging and production systems for the pharmaceutical,
cosmetic and allied industries. From modest beginnings over 50
years ago - with only 4 people - Bausch + Stroebel has developed
into an international enterprise. It is now one of the leading
manufacturers in pharmaceutical packaging.
Serving a global market
In step with the increasing globalization of the pharmaceutical
industry resulting, among other things, from the mergers of major
manufacturers, Bausch + Stroebel puts great emphasis on the
The development of a market-oriented, worldwide group of companies
has brought Bausch + Stroebel increased market presence, proximity
to its customers and faster communication between customers and
staff. Representatives and agents serving our local market areas
are active on every continent on our behalf.
The role of the Field Service Engineer is to provide professional
service and support customers by performing field service. This
includes machine installation, commissioning, startup, training
end-users, repairs, remote assistance (via the portal and or
phone), preventative maintenance, and production support when not
traveling. The Field Service Engineer will work within the
guidelines and will follow the established procedures.
Hours: M-F, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Overtime
Travel: This position requires up to 85% travel. Frequently travel
is outside the local area and overnight.
Locations: Within the following location: home office that is
commutable to a major airport in California.
Responsibilities: Support and Service of Pharmaceutical Packaging
Core Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Install new equipment, ensuring all components and assemblies
are properly integrated
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly
- Conduct repairs under sterile conditions using aseptic
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations
- Application support to meet customer expectations
- Provide phone support/customer service and on-site
troubleshooting and repair
- Prepare service reports documenting activities
- Identify and coordinate parts required for repair with customer
and service department
- Suggest/recommend spare parts / corrective actions, providing
written service call reports to service department/customers
- Travel to North American customer sites, complete drug,
alcohol, and safety testing per individual client requirements
- Travel to German headquarters for training and factory
acceptance testing of new machinery with customers (when borders
- Keep accurate records of all hours logged, inventory parts
used, and services performed
- Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed, or
within the scope of overall responsibilities Qualifications
- Must have a valid driver's license, current passport, and a
- Advanced mechanical and pneumatic skills
- Prior experience with automation industrial machines is
- Experience with robotics is a plus
- Knowledge of FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Current and/or recent experience as a traveling field service
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics,
and machine specifications
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical
and electrical devices
- Proven ability to use voltmeter, oscilloscope, and hand
- Ability to creatively and independently solve technical
- Ability to troubleshoot program logic automation, servo's,
Profibus, canbus, device net, Ethernet, sensors actuators
- PLC programming (Siemens S7, Jetter and Allen Bradley Control
- Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Siemens
NX7 Teamcenter engineering software
- Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, able to work
independently and respond to emergency situations, well
- Good health and physical ability is necessary to enter aseptic
- Good understanding of cGMP requirements, change control, gown
- Availability for substantial travel within North America and
Germany (when borders re-open) Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with maturity to self-manage and work
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations
- Ability to understand the technical context
- Identifies and resolves problems, develops alternative
- Collects and researches data and analyzes information
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughnessEducation And/or
- Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Technology Associate
- Technical degree or certification in mechanical work,
mechanical repair, or similar field
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and industry
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Knowledge of the metric system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Must be physically able to adhere to aseptic gowning
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Typically work is performed in an aseptic
The employee must wear all required safety equipment and perform
assigned work in a safe manner. Personal protective equipment
required such as; gowning for an aseptic environment including
protective eyewear, chemical suits, safety shoes and/or rubber
footwear, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator. The
employee must use proper lifting techniques and be conscious of the
hazards around him/her.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Benefits: Generous PTO; Comprehensive medical and dental (company
pays 83% of the premium for employee and eligible dependents);
company-paid short term and long term disability plans, life
insurance and AD&D plans; voluntary vision plan; voluntary life
and dependent life plans; a 401k retirement plan with a 4% company
Home Office / Travel: This position is home-based on the west
coast, commutable to a major airport. This position requires up to
85% travel (during the pandemic, will be closer to 65% after).
Travel includes outside the local area and overnight.
If you meet the qualifications and feel this position is a good
match for your skills and interests please send your resume and a
cover letter including your salary requirement.
Bausch + Stroebel's US Headquarters is located in North Branford,
Bausch + Stroebel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Bausch+Str--bel GmbH + Co. KG, New England , Field Service Engineer, Mechatronic for West Coast, IT / Software / Systems , Madison, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!