Software Engineering Manager
Company: Enercon Technologies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary:As a Software Engineering Manager for the organization,
a dual-role position with combined management and technical design
responsibilities, you bill be responsible for the management of the
Software Engineering group as part of the larger Design Engineering
department at Enercon Technologies. Additionally, you will
contribute directly to the development of firmware and/or software
as part of highly integrated, custom embedded processing systems
used in new products developed by Enercon and its customers.In the
role of Software Engineering Manager:
- You will manage the Software Engineering group and maintain
responsibility for the development of embedded software for new
electronic products ranging from simple microcontroller-based
solutions to highly complex embedded processing systems.
- You will oversee planning of complex embedded systems
development projects identify required development activities and
direct other team members in completing those activities.
- You will collaborate with project team members to identify
software requirements and develop corresponding design strategies
or architecture using the best approach based on performance, cost,
- You will develop detailed software specifications based on
requirements and implement embedded code in accordance with those
defined requirements and/or specifications.
- You will establish software verification testing tools and
methods and execute software testing activities
- You will document ideas, designs, specifications, and
instructions to Enercons standards.
- You will operate in the role of subject matter expert with
respect to embedded software design and applicable development
processes IEC 62304, etc.
- You will collaborate with the Director of Engineering to
develop, improve, and maintain department processes and tools
related to software development.
- You will work with Program Managers to quote software
development work and plan/maintain the project schedule for
- You will be accountable, along with other members of the
management team, for the successful completion of projects on
schedule and within budget.
- You will be responsible for hiring, performance reviews, and
fostering the personnel development of members of the software
- You will mentor other members of the engineering staff to
promote design team abilities and establish good working
practices.The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have demonstrated skill in developing original designs
with C/C++ in embedded environments including bare-metal,
multi-threaded RTOS, and embedded operating systems (Linux,
- You must have communication and technical leadership skills
needed to interface with the customer and direct a technical team
through a development project.
- You must possess a strong sense of urgency and perseverance in
pursuit of project and department goals.
- You must have specific experience with common microcontroller
and/or embedded processing platforms such as ARM and PIC.
Experience with DSP and/or FPGA based SoCs is a plus.
- You must have strong understanding of embedded software design
and architectural concepts as well as the integration between
firmware and hardware.
- You must have strong understanding of software development
tools and methodologies used in the context of embedded systems.
Familiarity with source control via established systems such as
- You must have a thorough understanding of higher-level
languages, object-oriented methodologies, UI implementation, and PC
application programming. Experience with Qt framework is a
- You must have a strong understanding of software test and QA
tools and methodologies.
- You must have demonstrated knowledge of design controls,
documentation, and organization in a regulated development and
manufacturing environment (ISO 13485, FDA, IEC 62304, UL).
- You must have excellent written, oral communication and
presentation skills appropriate for public and professional
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability
to work between multiple departments in carrying out this positions
duties.Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience in Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related
- A minimum of 10 years of embedded firmware development or
equivalent experience. 15+ years preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of engineering management or equivalent
Keywords: Enercon Technologies, New England , Software Engineering Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Gray, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!