Sr. Software Engineer - Promotions Team
Posted on: September 25, 2022
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated
to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us.
Because on the inside we re all outsiders. And if it s outside, we
re all in. L.L.Bean is currently searching for a Sr. Software
Engineer to join our Promotions Team within our Information
Services (IS) department. Position Purpose: This important role is
responsible for critical promotional and marketing strategies in
collaboration with our internal business partners. You will
Implement moderate to complex computer application solutions to
meet business problems within industry standard business processes
and best practices. You will also design, develop, configure, test,
debug and document applications based on technical configurations
and specifications. This position also evaluates and analyzes
business requirements for new applications and application changes
as well as supports and troubleshoots existing applications as a
part of an on-call rotation. Please note: This role can be based
near our corporate headquarters in Freeport, Maine, based in our
Costa Rica office, or remote/virtual indefinitely. Our facilities
in Freeport, Maine are being renovated currently, so while some
staff has started moving into the new facility, the majority of the
IS staff will remain working virtually until Spring/Summer of 2023.
- Works with business area customers and vendors to identify
business requirements, scope, feasibility, performance, security,
test strategies, and test execution.
- Develops complex integration requirements and partners with the
integration developer to implement.
- Responsible for design and specifications (High Level and
Micro), configuration/development, integration, testing, debugging,
implementation, and documentation for complex solutions.
- Emphasis on design. Applies technical expertise in one or more
highly specialized areas of application systems or a suite of
Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages.
- Works independently and collaboratively with team; provides
regular updates to leader.
- Leverages modern software design patterns and test driven
- Manage any technical issues that arise during
development/configuration, testing and implementation.
- Performs development operations for web service
- Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for
project budgeting and financial tracking
- Participates in or may lead the selection, implementation, and
integration of packaged software
- Participates in the identification & development of new shop
standards consistent with L. L. Bean's Enterprise Referential
- Conducts and participates in reviews of solution designs,
configurations, and code.
- Partners with technical and business team members to maintain
system documentation, knowledge base and frequently asked
- Partners with the business on effective end user adoption and
use of system / function.
- Reviews training strategy, materials and Standard Operating
- Responsible for 24x7 research and resolution of production
system problems as a part of an on-call rotation.
- Ensures the team adheres to security standards in support of
PCI and data privacy compliance.
- Ensures the team adheres to development standards and best
coding practices. Requirements include:
- 4-Year Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in computer
- 5+ years of experience with distributed web service development
(RESTFul and/or SOAP)
- Experience with design/build/support of high traffic, low
latency, and low fault tolerance web services
- design/execute/analysis of performance test to inform
implementation and enhancement opportunities Technical Skills and
- Application Security Principles - OWASP/Data Protection &
- Micro Service Design and RESTFul Interface Principles
- Application Containerization & Execution - Docker, Kubernetes,
- Continuous Delivery & Integration - CI/CD
- Experienced with Unit Testing frameworks such as Tape/Junit,
- Performance Testing & Analysis - Locust.io/JMeter, Cloud/Open
- API Specification - OpenAPI/Swagger
- Google Cloud Services & Configuration
- Relational Databases - DB2/SQLServer/Oracle/MySQL
- Modern IDE & Debugging Tools - MS Visual Studio Code,
- Familiar with API Gateway Management - APIGEE, CloudEndpoints,
- Nice to have:
- WebSphere Application Server -
- Splunk, Grafana
- Familiar with UNIX based OS Leadership and Communication
- Commands respect and credibility within their team, IS and the
- Is influential at multiple levels within LL Bean and with
- Can effectively communicate with all levels of the business and
IT from end-users and developers to managers.
- Highly collaborative. Effectively works with business and IS
people in the adoption, utilization and support of software.
- Expert level English language skills and comprehension
- Cool under pressure, able to see through the fog of chaos
- Sees the big picture, effectively anticipates future
- Understands the Company s and Business Unit s competitive
strategies, marketplace, and opportunities. Innovation
- Continually looks within and beyond their job, anticipating
business needs and opportunities. Flexibility
- Works within tight technical and business constraints.
- Excellent skills at evaluating new solutions within the context
of an existing solution. Recognizes and promotes the need for
refactoring when appropriate. If you care about the outdoors,
joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our
benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and
perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus,
maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are
all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside-we re
all in. Visit to learn more. Being outside brings out the best in
us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean,
we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be
themselves - because the uniqueness of each individual makes
Keywords: L.L.Bean, New England , Sr. Software Engineer - Promotions Team, IT / Software / Systems , Yarmouth, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!