C/C++ Software Engineer
Company: Rocket Software, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing!Job Description Summary:Rockets Data Modernization
Business Unit helps customers manage, govern and realize the value
of their enterprise data assets. Our client roster is a whos who of
the Fortune 500 including the world's biggest banks, insurance
companies and manufacturing organizations. Rockets Data
Intelligence platform has a rich heritage of innovation,
leadership, and recognized as an innovator in the Gartner Magic
Quadrant for Data Intelligence. We are embarking on an ambitious
expansion and modernization of this strategic platform, with a goal
of bringing it to new users and enabling new use cases. As a
Software Engineer you will have a pivotal role in enabling, shaping
this transformation and contribute to the success of our customers
data modernization journey.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals:
algorithms, data structures, etc. acquired from education and/or
- Excellent programmer
- Proficient at complex programming & knowledge of standard data
structure and algorithms.
- Make recommendations for each when solving technical
- Completes assignments in a timely manner and within quality
- Write modular, maintainable code with some guidance.
- Make the right trade-offs to efficiently solve problems.
- Recognize impact software changes will have on systems.
- Make component changes.
- Understand and comply with provided requirements, translate
them into code.
- Understands the principles of hardware to make design
- Link the work to the external market.
- Build subject matter expertise within the current product
- Delivers well structured, tested, and documented code within
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates of work.
- Participates in all required meetings and agile
- Keen to provide test coverage to protect against future
- Programming Languages/Technologies: C++, SQL
- RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server
- Development Tools: Git, JIRA
- Operating systems: Windows#LI-RemoteRocket Software Inc. is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with
all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration
status.Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to
email@example.com. We will make a determination on your
request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case
basis.#LI-RemoteIf you like wild growth and working with happy,
enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with
us!Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to
solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run
their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as
well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of
cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future
innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket
solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands
interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about
peoplenot just ones and zeroes. Were people solving problems for
other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and
fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with 31 offices around
Keywords: Rocket Software, Inc., New England , C/C++ Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Montpelier, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!