Psychiatric Social Worker (MS, LMSW) - Adult PHP
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: East Lyme
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part
of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in
Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become
nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for
personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary
source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We
are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham
counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter
services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality
healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our
Provides psychiatric evaluations for adult and geriatric patients.
Develops individualized treatment plans and provides individual,
family and group psychotherapy. Responsible for providing social
service functions in the behavioral health care setting. Provides
case management/ discharge planning to patients and families as
appropriate. Is a resource person to healthcare professionals
concerning psychosocial problems, community resources.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and provides ongoing
outpatient care at The Center for Mental Health - Adult PHP
- Provides direct clinical psychosocial therapy to adults
utilizing primarily group treatment and occasionally individual and
family therapies. Completes documentation related to services in
timely and thorough manner.
- Assess for behavioral health needs including substance abuse,
makes appropriate referrals if necessary and provides aftercare
- Uses an understanding of the principles of growth and
development to assess each patient's age specific needs and age
specific treatment and care
- Participates in team meetings, network committees and problem
solving processes related to departmental/organizational goals and
- Master's degree in mental health discipline (social work,
psychology counseling, marriage & family Therapy) required
- At least 2 years' experience in a psychiatric setting
- Eligible for CT License in behavioral health. Must obtain
license within 1 year of license eligibility
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification within 6
months of hire
- Requires the ability to exercise discretion and use good
judgment to perform duties promptly and consistently with little
direction. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions,
and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills
(including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Display strong theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and
appropriate treatment techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with
departments, employees, physicians and managers. Works efficiently
and organizes time appropriately We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive
benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
programs With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare
offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New England , Psychiatric Social Worker (MS, LMSW) - Adult PHP, IT / Software / Systems , East Lyme, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!