Risk Client Services - AVP
Company: State Street.
Posted on: March 28, 2020
State Street is the world's leading provider of services to
institutional investors. We have the focus, experience and
technology to support the daily needs of our clients and the
beneficiaries and shareholders they represent - providing
information services, custody, securities lending, investment
management, performance and analytic measurement, cash management,
and record keeping. With over 28,000 employees worldwide, we offer
clients a global perspective as well as local expertise. Our state
of the art technology, a global network that spans 103 markets and
offices located in 26 countries all contribute to the resources and
solutions that help our customers invest in virtually any world
market. Our broad range of clients includes investment managers,
corporations, mutual fund companies, public pension funds, unions,
not-for-profit organizations and individuals. We have developed a
comprehensive array of services that is designed to work
specifically for these clients. If you are an enthusiastic team
player in search of an environment in which to build a rewarding
future - this is it. Progressive career opportunities and a
terrific team: they are here at State Street Canada. General
- Individuals at this level are required to effectively manage
problems and assess how to best satisfy external and internal
client requests. Assistant Vice Presidents should have a focus on
operations and implementing products, services and enhancements as
well as assisting in further developing the Risk Product.
- The AVP - Risk Services reports directly to the Vice President
- Global Risk Services. The incumbent is responsible for enhancing
our global approach for the product with a solid focus on
operations, understanding the needs of key global clients and
points of delivery. Responsibilities Include:
- Aid in the development of both strategic and tactical plans for
the development and the on-going management of the global risk
- Provide leadership and manage the shared service team
implementing new risk technology via partnership with an industry
leading Software vendor.
- Develop and maintain positive external and internal
relationships by effectively gaining knowledge of issues faced by
groups and creating solutions to meet their unique needs.
- Work closely with all business and support units and contribute
to the risk product sales and marketing activities, global service
delivery and advancing State Street's shared services
- Review the logistics required for new business prospects
including staffing and other operational requirements to
successfully meet client objectives and needs.
- Assisting in revenue opportunities through up-sell and
cross-sell activities. Assisting the Sales team with client RFP's,
and participating in prospective clients presentations as
- Identifying areas for productivity improvement within the unit,
and implementing measures to improve the efficiency of the
- Manage the business unit with a risk-focused discipline.
Proactively identify areas of risk, and develop and implement
measures to mitigate risk.
- Produce and submit to the Vice President - Global Risk
Services, a monthly risk management report to identify issues of
- Ensuring that the Business Continuity Plan for the unit is
current and executable in the event of a business
- Ensuring that the business unit is in compliance with Human
Resources policies. Requirements:
- University degree in administration, finance, accounting or
other with equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in Liquidity Risk
- 6+ years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience in managing strategic client relationships as well
as sales experience preferred.
- In-depth security instrument knowledge is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CFA, MBA, CMA or other financial designation preferred
- Superior administration, organizational and time management
skills. For further information, and to apply, please visit our
website via the "Apply" button below.
Keywords: State Street., New England , Risk Client Services - AVP, Other , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!