Service Adv/Warranty Adm
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Category: ServiceReq Number: SERVI02604Schedule:
Full-TimeLocation: Westbrook, CT, USAOVERVIEW: The Service Advisor
is responsible for providing support to the Service Manager,
Service Team, and Customers. Responsibilities include working with
the customer (either internal or external) to get the information
required to perform the work on the boat, following through to make
sure the work is completed correctly the first time in a timely
The Warranty Administrator is responsible for completing all
functions involved with the compilation and submission of dealer
claims for reimbursement of warranty parts and labor for the
assigned service facilities.
- Assist Service Manager in day-to-day operations including
scheduling and distribution of work for technicians and yard team,
utilizing Service Scheduler and other tools as required to generate
and manage work orders.
- Use manufacturer flat rate guides and Standard Service
Operations (SSO's) to determine the time allotted for the work, and
follow up on timely completion.
- Insure that the Complaint, Cause and Correction of each problem
are noted in the IDS work order.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty
companies to get approval in advance of repairs, if required, and
take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment including but
not limited to pictures of the work and returning parts
- Greet customers and determine needs, providing clear and
precise instructions on the work order for the technician.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, returning all
customer calls prior to close of business each day.
- Promote the sale of additional labor services, parts and
accessories in a professional manner for each customer.
- Obtain Customer signature on every work order, and collect
payment for work prior to releasing customer boat. In the event the
repair cost is unknown initially, obtain customer approval on work
order to diagnose issues, and then contact customer with estimate
for repairs as soon as determined, and obtain approval.
- Schedule, coordinate and follow-up on sublet contractors.
- Inspect quality of work performed as required, prior to
delivery to the customer.
- Communicate with the customer during repairs and coordinate
- Finalize and invoice work orders.
- Provide prompt, detailed and timely flow of all paperwork.
- Submit pre-authorizations to insure the maximum reimbursement
for worked performed and for the highest possible approval
- Review pre-authorizations to insure expiration does not occur
prior to claim submission.
- Appeal valid pre-authorization that were denied by the
- Reconcile work orders with pre-authorizations and make
adjustments as needed to facilitate claim submission.
- Review claims for labor or material adjustments with service
manager/service writer so that the customer and the appropriate
MarineMax departments are aware of their financial obligation.
- Insure all parts requested by the manufacturer are returned
within the timeframe specified by the manufacturer.
- Responsible for Collection of Warranty Credits.
- Negotiate and or appeal for adverse adjustments to claims
implemented by manufacturers.
- Submit accurate and approved claims within the Manufacturer's
specified time limits.
- Insure timely answers from manufacturers through follow up of
- Insure recall notifications are initiated properly, work
documented, and all work is completed.
- Research sublet orders and any other backup information
necessary to file appropriate warranty claims.
- Train service writers and parts personnel in the proper
procedure for warranty repairs, parts ordering, and
- Work closely with the accounting department on warranty
receivables to ensure prompt collection of credits due and the
proper handling of credits.
- Reconcile manufacturer's credits with both the
pre-authorization and the actual cost of work performed.
- Prepare reports showing dollar volume of claims paid, claims
requested, elapsed time for claim resolution, and outstanding
- Continuously improve the timely and efficient collection of
- Hire, train, motivate and monitor performance of warranty
- All other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
- Turnaround time on repair work
- Effective communication with the customer
- Effective communication with other MarineMax departments and
- Accurate invoices
- Accurate and organized service repair orders
- warranty revenue
- Accurate warranty/claim paperwork and reports
- Accurate repair order file maintenance PI130640981
Keywords: MarineMax, New England , Service Adv/Warranty Adm, Other , Westbrook, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!