Cloud COE Orchestration and Automation Lead
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Date Posted:2021-02-04-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington,
CT, 06111 USARaytheon TechnologiesRaytheon Technologies Corporation
is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems
and services for commercial, military and government customers
worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins
Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space
and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the
company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and
deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics,
electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and
cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination
of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation
aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham,
Massachusetts.Job Responsibilities-Raytheon Technologies Global
Infrastructure Services is seeking an experienced and motivated
technologist focused on enterprise application automation and
hosting within Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
infrastructure. As part of the Cloud Center of Excellence they will
work within an Agile product team to lead the automation and
orchestration strategy and development of both the cloud landing
zones and self-service automation to be consumed by project teams.
This role requires both a passion for automation and modern
DevSecOps practices, and an unwavering respect for IT policy and
global trade regulatory compliance.-Key responsibilities
- Applies technical expertise to design, develop and deploy
innovative solutions in the cloud via automation and
- Own the strategy, management, and standards for cloud
orchestration and automation tools.
- Oversee and audit development practices within the Cloud COE to
ensure alignment with established practices.
- Evaluate vendor products, industry best-practices, modern
patterns, and emerging technologies to make recommendations on new
tools to advance our automation tool suite.
- Implement desired state configuration management to ensure
continuous compliance of deployed assets.
- Automate and integrate request, change, configuration, and
release management processes with the enterprise ServiceNow
instance and documentation repositories.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues and drive continuous
improvement and the quality within the environment.
- Assess, document, and remediate tools and service against RTX
security and compliance policies, NIST-800-53 and 800-171, and CMMC
- Establish a library of examples/blueprints of Terraform modules
and/or Ansible Playbooks to standardized lifecycle management and
accelerate deployment of cloud assets.Accomplishments (in the first
- Publish the orchestration and automation roadmap & strategy for
the Cloud COE in alignment with enterprise architecture and BU
- Ensure production readiness, security compliance, and disaster
readiness of the tool suite.
- Document standards, architecture, and processes for identified
- Define, publish, and meet SLA metrics (i.e. provisioning times,
first run yield, availability, DR)
- Enable self-service and bring-your-own-pipeline provisioning
for project teams in both Microsoft Azure and AWS while maintaining
- Complete IT Security and ITC assessments and
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelors degree
+10yrs experience, or an Advanced degree +7yrs
- Deep technical understanding of Cloud and infrastructure
services, including Microsoft Azure and on-premise networking,
servers and storage.
- Minimum of 5 years automating complex infrastructure projects
in large multinational organizations.
- Proficiency with Agile, DevSecOps tools, and software
- Expertise with cloud orchestration and automation tools
(Terraform Enterprise, Ansible Tower, GitHub, etc)
- Automation First evangelist.
- Experience managing global production infrastructure in large
organizations utilizing ITIL best practices.
- Ability to partner across organizations and operate in high
performance matrixed teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication
and technical skills are essential. -Ability to build and maintain
customer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines
and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work
collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge.
- Ability to manage ambiguous or competing requirements,
collaborating with project teams to align on solutions.
- Ability to balance production enterprise IT maturity with cloud
- Experience operating in US Government regulated environments
with strict compliance requirements.
- Ability to author professional user facing documentation
targeted at various personas.-Location:Farmington,CT or US Remote
Location-Required Status: --US Citizenship Required-Raytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
Terms:Click on this to read the Policy and TermsRaytheon is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, New England , Cloud COE Orchestration and Automation Lead, Other , Amston, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!