Cloud COE - Sr AWS Technologist
Location: East Hartland
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Date Posted:2021-02-05-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington,
CT, 06111 USARaytheon TechnologiesRaytheon Technologies Corporation
is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems
and services for commercial, military and government customers
worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins
Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space
and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the
company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and
deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics,
electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and
cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination
of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation
aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham,
Massachusetts.Job Responsibilities Raytheon Technologies Global
Infrastructure Services is seeking an experienced and motivated
technologist focused on enterprise application automation and
hosting within Amazon Web Services infrastructure. As part of the
Cloud Center of Excellence they will work within an Agile product
team to develop foundational enterprise integration capabilities,
service guardrails, self-service automation, continuous compliance,
operational processes, and documentation to comply with IT policy
and Global Trade regulations.Key responsibilities include:
- Apply technical expertise to design, develop and deploy
innovative solutions in the cloud via automation and
- Work within an Agile product team, taking objectives from the
product owner, breaking them down into detailed increments, and
delivering committed capability on-time.
- Author service collateral, design artifacts, and support
documentation to enable scalable adoption.
- Implement Identity and Access Management strategies to ensure
least privilege access and enterprise identity integration while
enable cloud native patterns.
- Provide self-service provisioning and management automation for
bimodal applications teams - supporting both traditional IaaS
workload and modern serverless applications.
- Develop deployment and auto-remediate automation to enforce
guardrails and address common configuration issues.
- Engineer hardened golden AMIs for both Linux and Windows
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues, communicating and
documenting procedures, and recommending architectural changes when
- Ensure service compliance with RTX IT Security policies, NIST
800-53, and CMMC control requirements.
- Establish a library of examples/blueprints of Terraform modules
and/or Ansible Playbooks to standardized lifecycle management and
accelerate deployment of cloud assets.Accomplishments (in the first
- Increase AWS adoption use cases by extending the catalog of
- Enhance and maintain existing cloud service offerings.
- Develop scalable orchestration to manage both large numbers of
AWS accounts and multi-tenancy within accounts.
- Complete IT Security and Global Trade assessments and
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelors Degree
+10yrs experience, or an Advanced Degree +7yrs
- Deep technical understanding of Cloud and infrastructure
services, including Microsoft Azure and on-premise networking,
servers and storage.
- AWS Certified Professional desired.
- Experience managing global production infrastructure in large
organizations utilizing ITIL best practices.
- Ability to partner across organizations and operate in high
performance matrixed teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication
and technical skills are essential.- Ability to build and maintain
customer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines
and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work
collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge.
- Ability to manage ambiguous or competing requirements,
collaborating with project teams to align on solutions.
- Ability to balance production enterprise IT maturity with cloud
- Minimum of 5 years deploying complex infrastructure projects in
large multinational organizations.
- Proficiency with Agile and DevSecOps tools and management
- Hands-on experience with Terraform Enterprise and/or Ansible
Tower development and an Automation First attitude.
- Experience operating in US Government regulated environments
with strict compliance requirements.
- Ability to author professional user facing documentation
targeted at various personas.Location:Farmington,CT or US Remote
LocationRequired Status:--US Citizenship RequiredRaytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
Terms:Click on this to read the Policy and TermsRaytheon is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, New England , Cloud COE - Sr AWS Technologist, Other , East Hartland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!