Supervisor-Electric Field Operations
Company: Eversource Energy
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
here! Role and Scope of Position: Provides leadership to ensure the
safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to
the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration
of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures
effective coordination among and between individuals and
departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and
enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety
culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best
possible customer experience.--Essential Functions:
- Accountable for the safe execution of field activities. Sets
safety expectations with employees. Resolves safety issues/concerns
in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicates safety lessons
learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods,
practices, and procedures.
- Makes decisions and prioritizes work to ensure the safe and
appropriate use of assigned resources.
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to
employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses
performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per
applicable bargaining unit contract).--
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts
and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve
grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Participates in pre-construction reviews and other activities
to ensure the timely and efficient execution of field operations.
Coordinates work with other utilities, other Eversource
departments, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Ensures work complete within budgetary guidelines.--
- Prepares, reviews, and approves time, expense, materials and
other company records in an accurate and timely manner and in
accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks
to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees
and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call
rotation as required.--- Inside Supervisor:
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the work planning
process from initiation to close out for department work performed.
- Serves as primary construction liaison with the Customer Care,
Engineering, Warehousing/Transportation, and Stations Operations
organizations in addition to external stakeholders such as
municipalities and other utilities.
- Ensures that all job packages are construction ready and that
the material availability is adequate to meet the construction
- Coordinates external agencies (ie - Telco) and internal support
to ensure that critical path is maintained on all large
- Supports the scheduler in producing an accurate schedule
encompassing all work to be performed in the areas within the
- Works closely with the Outside Supervisors to address emergent
issues and customer priority jobs.
- Prepares weekly/monthly status reports highlighting the key
performance metrics for the district.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call
rotation as required.--Technical
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures
regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of
electric T&D facilities and infrastructure at both secondary
and primary operating voltages.--
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain switching and tagging qualifications
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers and related
technology and have the ability to learn and utilize available
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience
- Five to ten years of related experience is required. Previous
experience in electric distribution is preferred. Previous
experience in a supervisory role is also preferred. Licenses &
- Valid Motor Vehicle License required. D.O.T. Driver's License
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain
including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office
environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair
climbing and completion of paperwork.--
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to
supervise work, and review ordiscuss construction job requirements.
- May work with computers for long periods of time during the
- Subject to shift work including weekends.--
- Off-hour on-call responsibility is required on a rotational
- At times requires working long hours in response to outage
situations and shift coverage requirements.Mental Aspects:
- Must be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to
meet deadlines and customer requirements.
- --Requires being able to effectively relate to customers and
the general-public under stressful circumstances and for prolonged
- Must be able to clearly articulate job and safety related
information to employees and to effectively address performance
issues in a constructive manner.--
- Requires being able to respond to problem situations in a
timely manner at all hours of the day or night.Leadership
Behaviors/Competencies:Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department,
- Show how employee's work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicateBuild Trusting
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance "getting results" with concern for individual
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know themManage and
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, trainingFoster Teamwork and
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peersCreate a Diverse,
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements
and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideasLead Change
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your
- Exhibit a "can-do" attitude to successfully implement changes
in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstancesFocus on the
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer
promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer
servicePlease submit a resume with your application. Worker Type:
Regular Number of Openings: 1 EEO Statement Eversource Energy is an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran
status.VEVRRA Federal Contractor His journey has taken him from the
Dominican Republic to Eversource to UMass Lowell where he's
currently working toward his MBA. Sign Up For Job Alerts Sign up
here for job alerts and communications from Eversource. Email Enter
Category, Location or Category/Location pair and click "Add." Job
- Operations, Tolland, Connecticut, United States Remove
Keywords: Eversource Energy, New England , Supervisor-Electric Field Operations, Other , Tolland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!