Head of PMO
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Are you a current Elekta employee? Please click here to apply
through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta. Want to join a
team with a mission to improve and save lives? We continually look
for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in
supporting our customers - healthcare professionals who use our
products to help patients and their communities. We currently have
the following opportunity available - please contact us for more
details! Description - This position is to be based either
Helsinki/Sweden or Crawley UK Head of Project Management Office
(PMO) is responsible for overseeing the execution of programs or
projects of the TMA business line. He/she ensures that business
projects are executed effectively and efficiently. The PMO oversees
projects and develops and maintains project management
methodologies, standards and tools. Key Job Accountabilities
Program & Project Management Governance:
- Maintains the PMO role and operating model
- Contributes to the strategic planning and execution of
activities associated to Value Stream, working with Product
Management to achieve business goals and prioritizing of
- Set standards for program & project management capabilities,
including certifications and qualifications for Project Managers,
success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used,
- Monitor compliance according to QMS related policies and
- Working with the functions across the business for value stream
(PLM, SCM, CRM) ensuring they are aligned and working to ensure
that all relevant targets and objectives of the programs/projects
- Participate as a member of the TMA management team in
establishing governance processes of direction and control to
ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed
appropriately, and the organization resources are used responsibly
in conjunction with the VP & head of TMA. Project Management Team
- Ensure that projects and developments are made according to
Elekta R&D processes and methodologies as per Elekta quality
- Maintains the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing
staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Program
Managers in conjunction with the priorities set by the PFM
- Set performance targets for individuals and the team and
conduct performance reviews.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement. Project Tracking
- Track and provide program/project status and reports.
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work
with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Oversee Program/Project Managers for the delivery of
projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget. Project
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess
which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and
implementation opportunities and challenges and keep them
up-to-date with project risks and opportunities. Authorities To
approve overall plans associated to programs and projects within
the value stream Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies Formal
Education & Certification
- Msc. University degree in the field of SW Engineering, Computer
Science, Medical Device, or eq.
- Must have 10+ years of SW Program and project management
- Must have 5+ years of in experience in medical device
- 5 + years in any R&D director-level positions.
- Must possess diverse leadership skills, be cultural aware and
have a solid understanding of international business and industry
trends in Medical Device Industries.
- Successfully lead and manage other high potential leaders
(Senior Managers and experts) and associated staff and
- Excellent project management skills: capable of ensuring
multiple projects stay on-track and are delivered under budget,
including internal resource planning and scheduling.
- Excellent understanding and execution of lean and agile
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, able
to communicate effectively with executive management, non-engineers
- Possess the leadership and management skills to bring
structure, discipline and process to a R&D environment, while
retaining the ability to work in a changing environment. Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop Medical device that meet
consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Medical Device background
- At least 5 if not 10 years of Project/Program management for SW
- Familiar with hardware & software development methodology and
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop
- Exposure to business theory, business process development,
governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative
operations. Personal Attributes
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to influence people without having direct
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Keywords: Elekta, New England , Head of PMO, Other , Stockholm, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!