Microbac serves our clients with the utmost expertise and
respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges.
We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer
experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted,
analytical and measurement experience.
Through our network of laboratories, offices, and field
services, we have the flexibility to meet the unique requirements
for each client, project and scope.
As a privately held third-party testing company, Microbac
operates with a commitment to safety, quality and compliance. Our
diverse work portfolio includes broad accreditation offerings and
tested insights across the environmental, food and nutrition and
life science markets.
Sample Login Technicians provide critical administrative support
to the laboratory operations team in Dayville, CT by ensuring test
samples are received, documented, and stored in a manner that
protects the integrity of the sample and allows them to be located
and identified in a quick and efficient manner.
- Interface with clients and vendors, providing outstanding
customer service and ensuring that all samples are received,
properly labeled, documented, tracked, and routed throughout the
laboratory in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Create and address inquiries from clients and vendors
- Receive, unload/unpack shipments of test samples and
- Inspects shipments of samples to ensure sample integrity
- Ensure all required documentation is thoroughly and completely
filled out (i.e.; Chain of Custody Forms)
- Maintain a login system that is easy to understand and allows
others to quickly locate and retrieve samples
- Properly label and log samples into the Laboratory's
Information Management System
- Determine and assign appropriate priority to incoming samples
in accordance with customer requests and sample processing
- Package and ship samples to other in-network laboratories
- Prepare sample bottle kits that clients use to collect and
- Seek out and explore areas to streamline function and create
efficiencies that save time or money that do not negatively impact
- When needed, perform various clerical duties such as data
entry, filing, copying, faxing, and answering phones
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency
- Above average organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to independently follow protocols
Required Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may also be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in
accordance with applicable law. While performing the duties of this
job, incumbent is regularly required to use hands and fingers to
feel objects, tools or controls. Position requires standing,
sitting, walking and reaching with hands and/or arms, talking
clearly and/or hearing and understanding. Position often requires
climbing, balancing, stooping or kneeling and lifting 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.