Maintenance Team Lead Nights
Company: The Shyft Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Utilimaster moves ahead of the competition when commercial
trucks and upfit services require precision, planning, peerless
people, and the perfect vehicle. Our vehicles deliver for
well-respected global brands in the package delivery, ecommerce,
food and beverage, linen and laundry, grocery and pharmaceutical
markets. Utilimaster is a top-tier go-to-market brand of The Shyft
Group (NASDAQ: SHYF), North America's leader in specialty vehicle
manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the commercial, retail, and
service specialty vehicle markets. The Shyft Group rebranded in
2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help
ensure long-term profitable growth.
You will be responsible for leading your team with Safety, 5S,
quality, delivery to take time, and controlling cost in your
department. This position requires you to train, direct, and hold
accountability to the policies and processes of the organization
through consistent, fair, and equal leadership practices.
- Must be full-time and must have at least 3 years' experience in
industrial facilities maintenance.
- Must be flexible with work hours/assignments and have a good
knowledge of the manufacturing build process.
- You will be required to be able to train your team to read
installation and assembly prints, troubleshoot production issues,
safety and 5S processes and regulations.
- You must be proficient with computers (knowledge of applicable
portions of Aurora a plus).
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to
motivate co-workers, have a positive attitude, be highly organized
and have a strong desire to be proactive in dealing with product
and people issues.
- Understand and lead safety requirements - respond to/correct
unsafe practices immediately, perform regular audits of your area
to ensure compliance to our safety
- requirements and practices.
- In the event of an injury, promptly investigate and document as
required. Promptly address corrective measures to prevent further
- Understand environmental requirements as applicable and
- Train and hold accountability to the 5S process and expectation
of your area. Due regular audits to ensure the practices and
processes are followed driving continuous improvement.
- Understand & communicate Quality Assurance standards. Drive
training and accountability with your team for following our
policies and procedures for a quality product.
- Ensure quality expectations are consistently achieved - issues
are properly addressed and contained within the department.
- Identify and coordinate all required and necessary
- Be able to facilitate daily start-of-shift & other group
meetings effectively and efficiently,
- holding accountability to the actions driven.
- Consistently display behaviors that support the Company Values
with a sense of urgency to exceed our customers' expectations.
- You must able to promptly address technical and behavioral
- You must be able to drive change and continuous improvement
throughout the work area.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as
welders, pneumatic hand tools, electric hand tools, pumps, motors
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, sensors,
button controllers, valves and motor starters.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Able to set up and operate welders, drill presses, grinders,
hand tools and other metal working machinery.
- Fabricate and modify new and existing equipment.
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental
- Other duties and assignments as directed.
Job Requirements-Minimum Qualifications:
- Have at least one year of experience with HVAC, hydraulics,
pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair-120v & 220v.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well and good
- Consideration will be given to equivalent combinations of
education and experience.
- Basic proficiency with office computer software and the ability
to learn effective use of maintenance software.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to drive and obtain fork lift certification.
- Responsibilities include: working independently under broad
organizational guidelines to achieve objectives; supporting
production and facilities objectives. Utilization of resources from
other departments is routinely required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including changing shift
- Usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions
require: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing,
bending, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling. The job will have
wide temperature and humidity conditions. The job will have
exposure to minimal hazardous conditions.
- Regular exposure to high noise environments
- 1+ years of related activity with job related experience within
manufacturing and facilities maintenance.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. Targeted job related education
relating to manufacturing and facilities maintenance.
- Technical trade certification is an asset
This job description is intended to outline those functions
typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This description is not intended to be all - inclusive or to limit
the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of
similar nature or level of responsibility. Utilimaster reserves the
right to change or assign to this position as required.
Utilimaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Inc., New England , Maintenance Team Lead Nights, Other , Bristol, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!