Security Architect - GCS IAM
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them
protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer
at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational
shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a
Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will
redefine how people experience insurance. At the core of our values
is the belief that putting people first and building trust through
empathy and openness are essential to success in the evolving
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Architect to lead our
Identity Governance & Administration (IGA) domain within the
Identity & Access Management (IAM) program. IAM is experiencing
rapid innovation and has become widely recognized as integral to
delivering secure digital business solutions. You will be a member
of the IAM leadership team, where together we align business,
engineering, product management, and architecture disciplines to
deliver secure, frictionless, and responsive IAM services globally
for Liberty Mutual.
Responsible for developing and implementing IGA architecture and
solutions to address current and emerging security and business
requirements of the organization. Leverages emerging technology
trends to secure and streamline identity and account provisioning,
access requests and certification, and role/attribute-based access
controls. Identifies threats to information technology that create
information security risk and aligns mitigating strategies that
include technology, process and people controls.
Drives change that moves technology and the business forward.
Proactively identifies, defines, and solves the most complex
security problems that have an impact on the management and
direction of the business. Delivers enterprise IAM management and
systems solutions to enable strategic, complex system development
projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing,
public cloud hosted multi-tier client server and web-based
About the Role:
- Establish and lead the enterprise IGA strategy, technology
roadmaps, and solution implementation to enable our global lines of
business and corporate solutions.
- Work extensively with domain and application architects
globally to identify, design, and deliver modern identity lifecycle
patterns and services.
- Collaborate with industry leading vendors and partners to
influence product and service offerings and identify solutions that
satisfy architecture goals and gap areas.
- Define logical access, detection, protection, and response
models that span across technologies and controls based on security
- Abstract common problems across multiple information
technologies that require broad security design patterns and
- Contribute to the development and adoption of the enterprise
- Partner with risk, compliance, and engineering teams in threat
modeling and risk assessment to assure effective implementation and
management of continuous compliance controls.
- Advocate and socialize the adoption of IAM standards and
patterns across the enterprise.
- Possess deep working knowledge of IAM and act as an expert
reference and leader for the enterprise.
- Synthesize overall IAM industry and market trends and determine
potential impact on business.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, a personal
growth mindset, and customer centricity
- Bachelors or masters in computer science, information security,
or a related field (e.g., IT Audit, Enterprise Risk Management,
- A current cybersecurity professional certification such as
CISSP, or a commitment to obtaining a certification within one year
- 10 years of hands on operational security experience with broad
knowledge of infrastructure and application security; 5 years of
experience in information security, specifically in an Architect
- Exposure to layered solutions and designs, diverse technical
configurations, multiple technologies and processing
- Thorough knowledge of identity and entitlement lifecycle
patterns (joiner/mover/leaver, RBAC/ABAC, certifications)
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing Sailpoint IdentityIQ
in a large enterprise
- Experience with a wide range of Sailpoint connectors across
on-prem, cloud, mainframe, and ERP endpoints highly desirable
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD
- Experience utilizing AI/ML for identity is a plus
- Software development skills essential; ability to incorporate
software engineers' perspective in IAM strategy; DevSecOps
experience in an agile environment preferred
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; including
negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability
to influence and persuade, without direct control
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees
at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds. Strong
desire to drive change
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a
thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long term big picture and short term
implications of decisions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on
IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers
for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn
more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, New England , Security Architect - GCS IAM, Other , Portsmouth, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!