Export Compliance Specialist
Company: Kaman Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of the Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered
Products (KSB) Senior Manager of Contracts and Compliance perform
export controls and contract activities to meet company objectives,
policies, and requirements. Ensure that all activities comply with
applicable State, Federal and International regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise senior management on activities regarding the export and
trade compliance program.
- Ensure implementation of export and trade compliance into
business practices; manage and audit day-to-day military and civil
export and trade compliance program.
- Update and manage KSB Export and Trade Compliance Manual and
organizational directives, processes and work instructions.
- Translate complex regulatory requirements into actionable
language and provide export guidance for various departments
regarding prospective export and trade requirements.
- Support the development of contract terms and conditions as
they pertain to compliance with United States and International
trade regulations. Provide expertise and support for military and
commercial contract negotiation efforts.
- Primary liaison with all international agents, distributors and
other third party representatives to KSB, including formation and
maintenance of agreements.
- Point of contact with export-related U.S. government agencies
including the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of
Commerce, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Department of
Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control. Primary point of contact
with designated Import Broker regarding all KSB imports.
- Liaison with Kaman Corporate Legal department on KSB export and
trade compliance and contract negotiations matters, as directed by
- Prepare, submit, and maintain U.S. Department of Commerce and
U.S. State Department export license applications and agreements to
support international programs. Prepare and submit steel and
aluminum import licenses, as required.
- Manage Letters of Credit process, including negotiation and
documentation. Coordinate collections activities with Finance
Department and Kaman Corp. Treasury, as required.
- Review Federal Register to identify and analyze proposed
rulemaking notices and requirements that could affect KSB
- Perform contract administration responsibilities as assigned by
- Key member of Customer Response Management (CRM) implementation
team with responsibilities including developing processes and
BS degree in Accounting, Business Management, Engineering,
Paralegal or other applicable discipline.
3 years of export control / trade compliance experience.
Requires experience in policy, regulatory, licensing, and
corporate compliance responsibilities.
Aerospace industry environment is preferred.
Keywords: Kaman Corporation, New England , Export Compliance Specialist, Other , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!