Company: Kimpton Hotels
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work at the Copper Grouse has meaning. You're here to
improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and
together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do.
Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can
expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
You are hardworking with a real passion for crafting quality
dishes according to restaurant specifications. You love maintaining
and building sound working relationships with your teammates.
You'll act as an ambassador for the restaurant, be a creator of
ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with
guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the
guests in a timely manner.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and
presentation will be provided to you.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size,
cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing
proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy
and health regulations.
- Maintain a clean work station area including tables, shelves,
grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut burners, convection
oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep
kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and prep area.
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and
regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook and by
What You Bring
- 1 year of previous experience in restaurant and/or culinary
experience in a high volume, full service restaurant is
- Time management and organizational ability required for high
quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment usage.
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, and fast paced
- You're able to establish a positive rapport with many types of
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels, New England , Line Cook, Other , Manchester, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!