Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of the store General Manager, performs a
variety of tasks specific to the successful operation the Caf
following the prescribed guidelines for service.
Role and Responsibilities
- During the majority of the shift, this is an independent
position with back-up provided on an as-needed basis.
- Operation of the Caf equipment and prepare coffee, specialty
drinks, bottled drinks, and baked and prepared goods.
- Maintain a clean environment within local, state, and federal
- Complete on-going, daily and weekly cleaning of food surfaces,
machinery and utensils, and customer areas.
- Stock and merchandise caf in accordance with company policies
and procedures, maintaining a straight, organized and clean
- Greet customers entering the store and caf, and provide
exceptional customer service on each transaction.
- Successfully promote all POS initiatives and company programs
including, but not limited to discount cards, magazine sales,
pre-sale vouchers, and donation programs.
- Balance cash drawer following each shift within allowable
variances as identified in the Loss Prevention Policy.
- Assist the bookstore as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple caf machines, including,
but not limited to blenders, ovens, espresso machines, and cash
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Cash handling skills.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to operate a computer or register.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate machinery, telephone
and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift/push objects up to 15 lbs. on a regular
basis and up to 25 lbs. on a periodic basis with or without
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without assistive device.
Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, crouch, or
reach while performing daily activities of the job.
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., New England , Barista (Store#163), Other , Bangor, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!