Posted on: June 12, 2021
OVERVIEW: A Bottom Painter is responsible for prepping
(cleaning, stripping, scraping, sanding) and painting vessels below
the water line. Additionally the bottom painter may be responsible
for pressure washing vessels, examining and repairing running gear
and/or zincs and replacing props.
- Maintain a good work ethic and attitude.
- Maintain quality of all work completed.
- Complete repair work in a timely manner.
- Must have sound knowledge of preparation and application of
various prep solvents and bottom paints.
- Must understand proper procedures for the preparation necessary
prior to the application of bottom paint.
- Must understand the proper and necessary use of protective
- Must understand and be skilled in the removal and
reinstallation of hardware including running gear, zincs and
- Must have the ability to wear and use a respirator, and other
personal protective equipment where necessary.
- Maintain and use necessary hand tools.
- Must understand basic requirements for proper disposal of
hazardous materials (i.e. solvents, paint-related waste)
- Must understand how to properly store materials, contain
particulate matter and have a solid understanding for environmental
regulations and a respect for it.
- Other duties as directed.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Timely completion of work
- 100% pride in work ensure that it's done right the first time
and exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to work well with others
Keywords: MarineMax, New England , Bottom Painter, Other , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!