Are you an experienced accounting manager looking for a
rewarding team leadership role but are tired of the 60+ hour work
weeks that often come along with an in-office position? Would you
welcome the opportunity to work full-time from home for an
award-winning organization, Monday through Friday, during
traditional daytime business hours while inspiring a remote team of
experienced client-facing accountants? If so, we may have the
perfect opportunity for you!
In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will utilize your
client service management expertise and accounting knowledge to
drive a delightful client experience. Your extensive management
experience will help continue to build Supporting Strategies'
reputation as a wonderfully unique place to work.
About Supporting Strategies
Since 2004, we have been empowering business owners by taking
bookkeeping and operational support functions off their plates
allowing them to focus on their core business. Supporting
Strategies' experienced professionals use our cutting-edge
cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure and proven process to
deliver a full suite of outsourced services, including accounts
payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting,
controller level services and payroll administration.
Supporting Strategies has over 100 offices throughout the U.S.
and is continuing to grow rapidly! This momentum has created
exceptional opportunities for accountants who enjoy managing remote
teams and working closely with a variety of clients. Consider
joining us for a rewarding accounting career that offers compelling
professional challenges with optimal work-life balance. As our
network of franchises grow, new team managers are integral to our
Why Work for Supporting Strategies?
- SOUGHT AFTER FLEXIBILITY!
- MEANINGFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE - Our unique, virtual,
work-from-home opportunities allow you to harmoniously balance your
family obligations, passions, and love of 'getting into the
- DISTINGUISHED REPUTATION - Supporting Strategies has received
the distinction of being a Top 50 Franchisee Satisfaction Award
winner by Franchise Business Review for the past 4 years running.
Franchise Business Review has also named Supporting Strategies as
one of the Best Franchises for Women over the past 3 years
- LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY - Opportunity to advance your technical
skills using the latest and most innovative cloud-based
The responsibilities associated with this role are organized
into areas that are very important to Supporting Strategies as an
organization. We have purposely chosen the word "delight" when
defining these responsibilities because it appropriately captures
how passionate we are about these initiatives and we naturally hope
you will share in our sentiment.
Client Delight - Building Great Client Relationships
- Provide exceptional accounting and operational service to our
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting
and bookkeeping practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technologies to
deliver outstanding quality service.
- Oversee client onboarding process for all assigned client
engagements in accordance with defined process.
- Implement our technology toolbox as applicable on all client
engagements to drive efficiency and client value.
- Serve as a resource to all assigned team members for guidance
on client tasks and/or resolution of client issues.
- Monitor team member performance by reviewing quality of work,
adherence to protocols, timeliness of deliverables and adherence to
client budgets. Provide coaching and feedback as needed.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by
gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and
objectives in order to proactively identify issues and provide
- Support clients' evolving requirements by educating executives
on Supporting Strategies' deep and varied expertise in accounting
and operational services.
Team Delight - Attracting, Managing and Retaining Effective,
- Partner with members of our Talent Acquisition team and your
Managing Director to manage the hiring process for remote
accountants assigned to you. This will include reviewing
pre-screened candidates, interviewing (, calling references) and
providing timely feedback.
- Orient and train newly assigned accountants in accordance with
Supporting Strategies' standard process. Provide ongoing coaching
to deliver superior outsourced accounting and operational
- Balance workflow by aligning client needs with accountants'
expertise and capacity in accordance with predetermined budgets.
Confer with your Managing Director regarding any potential capacity
issues in order to take proactive measures to ensure success.
- Review accountants' work to ensure highest quality of service
to Supporting Strategies' clients.
- Maintain profit margin for assigned clients and team.
- Schedule and lead annual performance reviews in accordance with
Does everything you have read so far sound appealing? We hope
so! If you meet the qualifications below, we would absolutely love
for you to apply!
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or
- 10 Years of related accounting experience with 4 years of
hands-on management experience including hiring, training and
developing a highly engaged service-oriented team.
- Capacity and commitment to work full-time, Monday through
Friday, during traditional daytime business hours supporting
clients and team members.
- Proven ability to attract, build and retain a high-performance
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based
on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best
- Commitment to consistently follow established Supporting
Strategies policies and procedures while holding team members
accountable to do the same.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology including
QuickBooks (Enterprise and Online), Bill.com, Microsoft Office
Suite, Outlook, HubDoc and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally
and in writing.
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
while working with client data.
- A dedicated office space that has a reliable, high-speed
Is this opportunity not for you? Would you be more interested in
owning your own Supporting Strategies franchise? In that case,
please visit our webpage, scroll to the bottom and select the
"Franchise Opportunities" link to learn more!
Supporting Strategies is deeply committed to creating a diverse
and inclusive workforce. We believe a diverse workforce is not just
attained, but it is built upon a culture of inclusion and
belonging. Supporting Strategies is an Equal Opportunity