Product Engineer - Design To Value / Productivity
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Within the Hand Tools Storage Group (HTSG) of Stanley Black &
Decker, we are currently looking for a Product Engineer to join our
Design-To-Value Team. This Product Engineer is responsible for
identifying opportunities that drive cost optimization of products
and reduce complexity in our product portfolios while driving
improved value to our end users. Candidates need to be results
driven, a creative thinker, and work collaboratively as a team
player in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze product data to identify and segregate
product similarities within family product features and
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities within product
portfolios; improve existing products using analytical techniques
to better meet customer requirements.
- Lead teams creating new VI opportunity by conducting product
teardown (along with competitive tools), and implementing
complexity reduction principles to identify savings
- Facilitate discovery of opportunities for reduction in
complexity of product offering through SKU rationalization,
commonization of designs and processes, and platform
- Determine business impact (Sales, Margin, and Inventory) of SKU
discontinuance and substitutions, component communization and
platform design opportunities.
- Work with product teams to implement cost reduction and
complexity reduction projects that deliver establish goals and
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Engineering or related field
- 5 Years of Product Development and/or Product Engineering.
Experience in a manufacturing environment or sourcing product is a
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a
strong attention to detail are required
- Strong communication skills: both written and oral.
- Knowledge of business financial metrics
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status. In addition, we
are a proud tobacco free workplace.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., New England , Product Engineer - Design To Value / Productivity, Other , Southington, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!