Engineering Liaison - Night Shift
Company: The Shyft Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Shyft Group, Inc. embodies a lean culture - not just a lean
manufacturing process - to ensure everything from our product
planning, to our engineering protocol, to our final assembly and
finish processes are highly efficient and carry with them the
demand for continuous improvement.
Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and
carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off.
We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership
we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we
empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Provide technical support during all phases of operations
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and
material flow, storage and handling.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements,
workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum
efficiency and improved ergonomics
- Confers with other personnel and departments to gain consensus
and implement product design and tool changes that will improve
production methods, efficiency and accuracy.
- Creates ECNs/ECRs to resolve minor design and BOM issues.0
- Develop short term resolutions/deviations for assembly line
problems and participate in development of long term
- Project plans new product or process implementation through
- Tracks product or process issues and follows up on their
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and
arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and
evaluates products according to specifications and quality
- Estimates production times, order of operations, staffing
requirements and related costs to provide information for
- Confers with management personnel and other staff members as
required to understand manufacturing capability schedules and plans
to facilitate efficient and accurate manufacturing processes.
- Uses statistical techniques to assess current manufacturing
capabilities and provide estimates of improvements.
- Uses and understands Lean concepts and techniques, such as
This job description is intended to outline those functions
typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This description is not intended to be all - inclusive or to limit
the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of
similar nature or level of responsibility. The Shyft Group, Inc.
reserves the right to change or assign to this position as
The Shyft Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
Veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Manufacturing Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Inc., New England , Engineering Liaison - Night Shift, Other , Bristol, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!