Company: Girl Scouts of Connecticut Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the safety and delivery of all aquatics programs
at Camp. She/he is responsible for delivery of swimming lessons and
guarding for recreational swims. Required to assist with the
general camp program. She/he is responsible for the supervision and
care of campers during designated/specific activities and
facilitating delivery of programs within a uni/small
- Participates in the daily implementation of the aquatics
program. Works cooperatively with Aquatics Director to enrich
all-camp and aquatic programs including swimming, and rainy-day
activities to facilitate general camp operations.
- Assists Aquatics Director to develop, follow and enforce all
waterfront safety measures and emergency procedures to ensure all
health, safety and program standards are followed at all times in
compliance with state regulations, ACA Standards, Girl Scout Safety
Activity Checkpoints, and GSOFCT Policies.
- Participates in all staff trainings; including in-service and
pre-camp skills trainings.
- Follows Camp Staff Personnel Policies.
- Assists the Aquatics Director in assessing swimming skills of
all campers for classification, ensuring that every participant in
their assigned camp facility has been through a swim
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers, staff, and
self. Report accidents and files incident reports promptly with the
Aquatics Director and/or their designee.
- Responsible for the care and use of camp aquatics equipment as
- Participates in all emergency drills including, but not limited
to, aquatics emergencies.
- Participates in all-camp activities as assigned. She/he is
responsible for the supervision and care of campers during
designated/specific activities and facilitating delivery of
programs within pool area.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp
- Participates in all regular camp activities, such as meals,
flag ceremonies, cookouts, opening and closing days and kapers when
not on duty at the pool.
- Maintains professional camper/staff relationships at all
- Monitors water quality as appropriate to the facility. Keep
records, reports, and maintenance requisitions as assigned.
- Must attend one of the three overnights, but must stay late the
two nights they are not sleeping over.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to demonstrate his/her competency in both
lifeguarding and swimming skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of
staff and campers (background/abilities) to encourage full
participation in Girl Scouting.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience which relates
to job responsibilities including successful experience in camping,
swimming, group leadership, and organizational skills and
experience working with children.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Lifeguard certification as applicable to the facility, AED/CPR
for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid certifications are
required. CIT or LEAD training preferred.
Water Safety Instructor preferred.
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Connecticut Inc, New England , Lifeguard (seasonal), Other , Weston, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!