Company: Kaman Industrial Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come join our team at our Bloomfield, CT headquarters as a Risk
Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the development,
implementation and administration of Kaman Distribution's
non-benefit insurance and risk management programs. In addition,
you will prepare, monitor and update the risk management documents
and programs to ensure risks are identified and evaluated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, manage and engage in regular meetings with insurance
brokers and underwriters as required.
- Obtain and compile exposure data for the property, flood,
casualty, executive protection, business travel accident insurance
- Review and revise annual insurance coverage summaries, as
- Review binders, insurance policies and endorsements for
accuracy of terms and conditions. Ensure any policy changes are
corrected and documented properly. Maintain policy files.
- Manage the annual completion and submission of various state
uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage forms to the insurance
carrier in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Review certificate of insurance exception requests. Direct the
issuance of certificates of insurance by brokers and insurance
companies relating to the Company's property, casualty and
- Manage the daily management of the various insurance
- Maintain and update the insurance carrier's organization
location code structure schedule for proper claims premium
allocation, loss trending and workers' compensation posting notices
in accordance with state and federal statutes.
- Maintain an awareness of the property engineering
recommendations, their effect on the carrier's RiskMark scores and
the underwriting impact on the Corporation's property insurance
- Manage the integration of newly acquired businesses into the
Company's non-benefit insurance programs.
RISK IDENTIFICATION, ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION:
- Review business contracts, property and equipment leases, and
other similar documents to determine if the terms of the agreements
and the insurance requirements are reasonable and consistent with
the Company's insurance programs and risk mitigation philosophy and
assess potential risk exposures.
- Collaborate with Kaman Distribution's EH&S department on
safety training and develop understanding of the safety practices
and programs coordination.
- Engage in the property insurer's engineering review process to
understand and support corrective actions.
- Manage internal communication tools such as the risk management
policies and procedures manual.
- Create management reports and presentations.
- Consult on day-to-day Risk Management inquiries across the
- Actively collaborate with carriers on claims resolution.
- Prepare and submit all claims reports involving third parties
to the Company's insurance carrier for handling.
- Gather support documentation and submit claims.
- Review loss experience data, analyze loss trends, develop
benchmarking metrics and recommend mitigation to manage
- Coordinate semi-annual casualty claims reviews with the
Company's insurance company.
- Monitor third party liability claims reported to the Company's
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
Company and a variety of business professionals outside of the
Company. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented, adaptive to
changing priorities, ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
and meeting strict time deadlines.
- Negotiation, collaboration and team work skills.
- Skilled in interpreting documents such as insurance policies,
contracts and procedure manuals.
- Sound judgment skills and the ability to think
- High level of discretion; position involves routine exposure to
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Finance, or a related
discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in a corporate
risk management environment or brokerage experience handling
national or global accounts or equivalent.
- Familiar with risk management principles, concepts and
techniques including Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). Knowledge of loss control and
safety principles, concepts and techniques.
- General understanding of local, state and federal laws,
regulations and requirements as they relate to insurance, OSHA, EPA
- Demonstrated capabilities in the major areas of
responsibilities described above.
Benefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental
insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday
& Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units:
Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial
Technologies. We offer more than four million items including
bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation,
material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to
customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide
engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical,
linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and
rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose
assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering
products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are
the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to
sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP
Keywords: Kaman Industrial Technologies, New England , Risk Manager, Other , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!