Requisition Number: 47101
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of
scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life
Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new
approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress
timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in
the fields of materials science, surface science, optics,
biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions
that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Join Corning's Kennebunk Team and become part of our legacy of
innovation - we are hiring for Production Operators across
Products manufactured at our site include those used in cell
culture, genomics, drug discovery (including for COVID-19),
bioprocesses, and more. Contribute to the cause by operating the
equipment to produce and package our critical products.
Benefits Start on Day One of Employment: Medical, dental and
vision; fitness reimbursement program; annual profit sharing
targets; paid vacation and personal time; life, illness, and
accident insurance; legal and financial resources; employee
assistance program; both 401(k) match and pension (at no cost to
you); and more.
Pay Rate: Hourly rate starts at $18 plus shift differential,
plus an additional increase after a successful completion
Bonus: All hires participate in annual GoalSharing Bonus
Program, targeting $1,800 per year for entry level roles! (Actual
payouts will vary based on achievement of established goals).
Hours of Work: Weekend Days: 7am-7pm Friday Saturday, and
Sunday, OR Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Overtime is available if you are interested in extra hours.
Experience & Education: No experience required for Operator I
jobs; manufacturing experience of any kind is a bonus. We do
require that candidates are 18+ years old; and have high school
diploma / GED / equivalency.
Work Environment: Indoor, climate-controlled work environment.
Various clean rooms require the use of PPE, and gowning.
Purpose of Position:
- Performs multiple tasks to accomplish the production and
packaging of molded products, including the manual assembly
operations of all Cell Culture products.
- This position requires strict attention to inspection criteria,
SOP's, and production data to ensure the quality of the final
- This position will work with a variety of production equipment,
measurement equipment, gauges, leak checkers, welders, vision
system, TCT, and cell bind treaters and sealers.
- This position requires the ability to work independently, make
quality decisions concerning manufactured products, and produce
parts at the expected production rate.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Follows standard operating procedures for the entire process:
molding, assembly, accessorizing, and pack out.
- Assembles/packages goods at the standard rate.
- Performs all necessary quality control checks as well as
continually checks product for defects.
- Maintains accurate production counts.
- Performs inventory of all products and components in area.
- Checks for proper materials to build product.
- Performs final QA with quality department to inspect final pack
- Maintains necessary records, including documents that require
initials/signatures according to GMP and ISO requirements.
- Fills out daily inspection sheets, including sub lot numbers
and lot numbers after verification of lot issuance program for
- Assists with setups and changeovers as required.
- Reports improper operation, unsafe conditions, defective
materials, and any unusual conditions to the Supervisor/Team
- Builds sample orders as required.
- Checks to assure all gauges are in proper working order.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean, safe, and orderly
- Properly uses Personnel Protective Equipment.
- Works with chemicals such as Isopropyl Alcohol and Loctite
- Interacts with customers during visits.
- Follows established company rules and regulations and maintains
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine