Supervisor-System Operations Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
Role and Scope of Position:
The Supervisor's role is multifaceted with responsibilities
including work process and systems coordination, direct supervision
of systems, distribution work activities, performance measurement,
coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. This
position supervises control center staff who maintain systems
integrity and initiate corrective action, prioritize and expedite
network operations and repairs, prepare electrical system
clearances and accurately maintain records, and ensures that work
is conducted in a safe manner in accordance with policies, work
methods, standards, switching and tagging and operating
Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of
employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates
performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and
improves team and employee performance through coaching and
on-the-job training. Advises dispatch personnel of new equipment,
technology and functionality.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem
solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the
decision-making process. Removes obstacles through communication
with other areas.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company work rules and
procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and
works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate
disciplinary action when required.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to meet service
and information needs and resolve complaints. Working in
conjunction with the call center and field personnel is accountable
for managing customer commitments through outbound communication of
information. Coordinates notification of reportable incidents to
internal and external customers and stakeholders as
- Collaborates with field personnel to problem solve and develop
effective response plans to outage situations. Evaluates
restoration alternatives and determines the optimum plan to restore
the system and provide status information to customers. Calls crews
to address field problems and directs field forces in restoration,
maintenance and electrical clearance activities.
- Supervises load control and switching and tagging
responsibilities of the shift. Coordinates switching operations for
area generating facilities. Coordinates planned work across the
processes to fulfill related service level agreements, achieve
company objectives and obtain an appropriate work
- Analyzes requests for system element outages and assesses risk
to determine whether the outage will affect customer service and/or
the systems integrity.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices
- Maintains awareness of weather conditions that could adversely
affect Eversource operations and disseminates this information to
appropriate locations and modifies operating plans as
- Prepares and distributes information regarding customer
service, system conditions and historical situations to internal
and external customer and stakeholders.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and
prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials
requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes
for optimal resource utilization.
- Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system
design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and
practices, safety standards and business processes
- Planning and organizational skills, project and schedule
management skills including computerized trouble, work and
materials management and scheduling tools
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and
- Working knowledge of labor contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business administration,
related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience is required.
Experience in Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation
and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing
customers and change management to improve
- Previous experience is a supervisory role preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in a Control Center which requires
sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of
paperwork, using a telephone, communication equipment and computer
and attending meetings.
- Subject to rotating shift work including weekends and
- At times, requires working long hours in response to outage
situations and shift coverage requirements.
- Work includes analyzing system operating conditions,
interpreting system data and implementing corrective action.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the
performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines
need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving
significant business commitments and results.
- Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for
- Must be able to clearly articulate job-related information to
employees and to effectively address performance issues in a
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department,
- Show how employee's work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance "getting results" with concern for individual
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements
and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your
- Exhibit a "can-do" attitude to successfully implement changes
in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer
promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability
status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Eversource, New England , Supervisor-System Operations Center, Other , Berlin, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!