M Cubed, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a globally
recognized market leader, delivering unique material solutions and
precision performance products to some of the world's fastest
growing industries. Our advanced material solutions (ceramics,
metal matrix composites) are complimented with vertically
integrated manufacturing processes that deliver ultra-precision
products at the sub-micron level.
Opening for a Production Supervisor with:
Proven leadership skills to promote excellence and
Results oriented and Customer focused.
Strategic and analytical approach to achieve desired results
Technical competencies to understand in-deterministic processes
to effectively coordinate and direct team efforts.
Basic Function of the Job
Provide day-to-day supervision and leadership to off-shift
operations (slip making, carbonization, green machining,
infiltration, EDM, finish machining). Plans and assigns work;
implements policies and procedures; increases subordinates' skills
and capabilities; and recommends improvements in production
methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Ensures that machines and equipment are being optimized and
employees are working to their full potential. Develop and
continuously improve manufacturing processes to manufacture ceramic
composite products. Ongoing participation in yield enhancement
Education: Minimum of Associates Degree in technical field,
B.A./B.S. preferred. Relevant experience can be considered as
substitute for degree.
- 3 to 5 years experience in all aspects of production and
- Knowledge of advance ceramics, metals and composites.
- Hands-on experience with materials manufacturing, foundry
practice, vacuum furnace operation, microscopy and/or materials
- Previous experience in the development of ceramics and advanced
- Experience in all aspects of EDM and CNC machining
(programming, setup, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution at the
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Able to develop plans, set goals, to evaluate work
accomplishments and provide effective feedback
- Experienced with Total QualityBusiness Excellence and business
- Exhibits sound judgment in choosing among multiple
- Understanding of safe work environments
- Works well with employees at all levels
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain
results through others
- Supervision: including employee hiring and retention,
performance review, coaching, counseling and corrective action
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Understanding of inventory management experience with ERP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Ability to understand, assimilate and react to new processes
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and issues in a fast
paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with employees in a multi-cultural, global team
- Able to execute plans, motivate and engage the workforce,
evaluate work accomplishments and provide effective feedback
- Hands-on and very direct approach to leadership and problem
II-VI M Cubed is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
This job requires that an individual come into contact with raw
materials, products, equipment / machines, software or technology
controlled by the Export Administration Regulations or the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The job must be filled
by a U.S. person, or a person for whom a valid export control
license, or exception, has been obtained or is not required from
the U.S. Government.