Why Cigna and Proposal Management?
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping
the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of
security. Cigna serves its customers with nearly 35,000 dedicated
When you work at Cigna, you can count on a different kind of
career. Work with us, and you will make a difference, deliver
results, and share in the reinvention of health care.
A career in the Proposal Management department means you are
directly involved in winning business for Cigna by supporting the
Request for Proposal (RFP) process. In this fast-paced environment,
team members actively develop, produce, and evaluate insurance
proposals which inform our prospective customers about Cigna's high
quality benefit programs and demonstrate our commitment to helping
customers make more informed decisions about their health and
The Proposal Management teams provide the extraordinary
opportunity to touch upon an extensive number of other departments
within Cigna, providing our staff a holistic view of Cigna's vast
history, diversity, and various lines of business. With the
training and experience gained within Proposal Management, you can
grow within Cigna's historically rich and dynamic culture, and
advance toward a bright future.
- Create unique strategic responses to customer and broker
proposal questions in order to win or retain medical business,
including; writing, editing, and formatting responses to help
clients understand the advantages and differentiation of
- Utilize the internal proposal library and Subject Matter
Experts (SME) across the organization to craft responses to
proposal questions which help customers understand the advantages
and differentiation of Cigna in order to sell business.
- Offer alternatives and/or suggestions that highlight sales
strategy, address the client's key buying criteria, and display
Cigna's competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Use solid technical and persuasive writing skills that clearly
'sell' products and services.
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of Cigna products,
administrative proposal processes, and new Cigna initiatives as
they are introduced.
- Have a thorough understanding of the National, Regional,
Government/Taft-Hartley Segment alignments, including market
specific selling styles.
- Manage strong working relationships with designated SMEs to
create responses to questions on highly visible and complex RFPs
that are accurate, persuasive, and timely.
- Serve as an internal department SME who delivers direction and
strategy for responses to proposal questions.
- Provide timely and consistent communication to matrix partners,
both written and verbal.
- Partner with internal peers to proactively identify edits to
existing proposal library content or the need for new proposal
- Collaborate with SMEs and internal peers to develop training on
new or emerging products.
- Understand and correctly apply all administrative processes and
SOPs, within expected timelines.
- Drive for newer, better and faster ways of completing each RFP
question, seeking opportunities to add value to each RFP.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements. Regularly and
constructively recommend enhancements to the quality of our work
and the efficiency of our operation. Participate on project teams
to implement change as needed.
Training & Career Development:
Proposal Management provides an extensive training program
consisting of classroom training plus on-the- job coaching and
mentoring. Typically, 6 to 8 weeks in length, this extensive
training program provides in-depth industry, product, services, and
process knowledge, thereby positioning you to become a successful
member of the Proposal Management team and the Cigna
Your skills, experience, talent, and creativity enable us to
develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value
and expect. That's why we are committed to recruiting, motivating
and nurturing the best and the brightest. So, what does it take to
be an ideal candidate for this role?
- Bachelor's degree, or at least 2 years relevant proposal and/or
health care experience
- Solid understanding of Cigna's products and services (a plus,
but not required; we'll train the right candidate)
- Strong writing skills, including ability to create proposal
responses from scratch with minimal or no direction
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, including ability to
facilitate conference calls with large groups
- High degree of organizational ability and strong project
- Strong work ethic, with a drive to learn, collaborative spirit,
and can-do/will-do attitude
- Customer focused, with a detail-oriented approach, and not
afraid to take on a challenge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited
to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If this description sounds like YOU, we encourage you to apply.
We're growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of
customers we proudly serve around the world - one individual at a
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company
dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of
those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services
through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including
medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental
benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000
employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making
them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our
unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering
commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career
experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to
make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To
see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a