Inventory Control Analyst
Company: The Shyft Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Utilimaster moves ahead of the competition when commercial
trucks and upfit services require precision, planning, peerless
people, and the perfect vehicle. Our vehicles deliver for
well-respected global brands in the package delivery, ecommerce,
food and beverage, linen and laundry, grocery and pharmaceutical
markets. Utilimaster is a top-tier go-to-market brand of The Shyft
Group (NASDAQ: SHYF), North America's leader in specialty vehicle
manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the commercial, retail, and
service specialty vehicle markets. The Shyft Group rebranded in
2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help
ensure long-term profitable growth.
The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for counting and
maintaining the inventory integrity of the facility. This position
acts as a liaison between operations, supply chain, and finance on
a regular basis.
This role reports directly to the Warehouse Operations Manager,
with a matrix relationship to the Inventory Control Manager. This
role is expected to possess a strong problem-solving skillset to
help ensure material is available for the production line(s).
This role is responsible for inventory accuracy analysis for a
specific set of operations in the facility, as well as in the
storage warehouses. Root Cause, Corrective Action prowess is a
must, as well as helping to drive changes in material flow,
presentation, and process improvement.
Strong communication, leadership, technology (computer use, scan
gun experience, MS Office), and familiarity with warehouse
management in a manufacturing/assembly environment are required.
This role will be assisting with process instruction to hourly and
- Cycle Count product daily according to a cycle count
- Record and adjust any opportunity count outside of the cycle
- Analyze counts for variances and perform any necessary bin to
- Research any remaining variances for errors in shipping,
receiving, locating, etc.
- Block missing product and adjust product counts in order to
assure smooth product flow.
- Research any shipping or production orders where some or all of
the parts on the order cannot be found.
- Perform necessary bin/location checks (walk through) in order
to minimize no location orders.
- Handle count requests/product checks from various departments
(Operations, Sales, Inventory Management and Purchasing).
- Assist with re-labels and plant to plant transfers
- Document and file all daily work performed.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting
any unsafe conditions
- Research Picking Errors determining root cause of error,
reporting back to the Materials Department
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all picking errors & the results
- Activate/Delete bin/pallet/bulk locations for various storage
- Extend part #'s for various warehouse locations
- Material extension for various warehouse locations
- Return to vendor adjustments (Adjusting product in/out of
- Process re-labels for purchasing both physically &
- Process plant transfers, transferring product physically &
- Raise capacity for storage bin locations.
- Scrap adjustments (adjusting product out of stock physically &
systematically when product is no longer sellable)
- Assist with supplier packaging, labeling, and count compliance
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Any other duties assigned by manager
This job description is intended to outline those functions
typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This description is not intended to be all - inclusive or to limit
the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of
similar nature or level of responsibility. Utilimaster reserves the
right to change or assign to this position as required.
Utilimaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Inc., New England , Inventory Control Analyst, Other , Bristol, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!