Technician Outside Combination
Company: Consolidated Communications
Location: Island Falls
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Classification: Non-Exempt, Bargaining
The Technician Combination provides telecommunications, data,
and IPTV (where applicable) services to customers by constructing,
maintaining, operating and servicing telephone lines, instruments
and related equipment. Performs job duties consistent within
safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards,
culture and business practices.
- Provides new and/or enhanced telecommunications, data, and IPTV
(where applicable) services to residential and business customers
in response to service orders by installing, upgrading or changing
service or equipment.
- Ensures quality voice, data, and IPTV (where applicable)
network performance by troubleshooting communications and data
equipment; using specialized test equipment to check for and
isolate troubles, and repairing or replacing faulty
- Ensures availability of backup telecommunications, data, and
IPTV (where applicable) components by checking stock to determine
inventory level, anticipating need, and making requests for
procuring components as needed.
- Performs cable locating for the Buried Cable Location
- Interacts directly with engineering to achieve established
objectives set forth by this department and the capital
- Installs and repairs drops, buried cable and pedestals.
- Terminates cable on cross connects, hubs and routers.
- Installs, splice, and maintains copper cable plant.
- Maintains cable systems by testing cable to locate and repair
- Install and trouble shoot T-CXR systems, ADSL, HDSL, ADSL2+,
VDSL2, special circuits and other data service support
- Install, splice and maintain fiber optic cable.
- Contributes to 24-hour availability of technical support for
customers by serving "on-call" according to an established
- Conducts tests and inspections of products, services, or
processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Responsible for the preventive maintenance of vehicle and tools
to ensure they are safe to use and fully functional.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering cutover sheets
for the purpose of performing basic and complex facility
- Must be able to perform the splicing function to include cable
sheath preparation, cable termination, and proper bonding and
- Must be familiar with the workings of an OTDR, fusion splicing
machine and the use of mechanical fiber lock connectors.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and
software; including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control,
and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Proficient with hand tools and power tools.
- Valid state Driver's License and satisfactory driving
Education & Experience:
In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position,
the incumbent must have an Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent
from two-year College or technical school and one to three years of
related experience or the equivalent combination thereof.
- The primary work environment for this position is an outdoor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance/stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, drive a motor vehicle, and
lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel may be required regionally and/or within serving area on
a frequent basis.
- The employee is occasionally required to do heavy lifting and
work in outdoor weather conditions year round.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such
as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Consolidated Communications, New England , Technician Outside Combination, Other , Island Falls, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!