Land Use / Permitting Coordinator
Company: SAI Communications
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Land Use Permitting Coordinator is responsible for assisting
with land use entitlement activities for infrastructure projects in
a growth driven environment. The Permit Coordinator should be
comfortable driving vendors, subcontractors and AHJs to manage
deadlines with minimal supervision. Individuals applying for this
position should be familiar with all aspects of infrastructure
deployments from a land use perspective. Individuals selected for
this position will coordinate the entitlement process with clients
and jurisdictions, to assist with securing all land use and
building entitlements as defined by project scope. Successful
candidates will demonstrate the ability to manage this across
- Interface directly with Client stakeholders and development
teams in order to efficiently achieve contracted scope of
- Oversee development activities related to permit and
entitlement approvals, perform tasks required to manage assigned
projects/sites from start to finish, including, A&E
coordination zoning/permitting, building and electrical permits and
- Conduct in depth research of entitlement requirements related
to permitting and land use viability.
- Effectively communicate with local and state government
agencies to support related goals.
- Coordinate with or supervise outside vendor partners,
environmental engineers, architectural & engineering firms, title
search firms, engineers and drafting technicians to ensure
approvals are completed within defined timeframes.
- Prepare zoning and permitting applications.
- Monitor progress of the application and facilitate
jurisdictional requests for additional information.
- Prepare and obtain land use/zoning permits.
- Prepare and obtain building/electrical permits.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects
and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely
manner and are in accordance with client standards.
- Complete due diligence packages including zoning maps, parcel
maps, street maps, etc. for selected sites.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Excellent public speaking ability
- Ability to analyze basic legal documentation
- Ability to read and interpret surveys and construction
- Demonstrated understanding of zoning principles and land use
regulations to specific client needs
- Ability to effectively complete tasks within project timelines,
enter data and utilize existing project management tools, and
report progress and developments daily
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal
descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land
purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination,
technical drawings, & zoning regulations, building and electrical
- Ability to travel: This position is generally expected to
require possible overnight travel. The individual in this role
should be able and willing to travel as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum two years of land use, planning or permitting
- Experience with civil, electrical engineering entitlements
- Experience working with local municipalities to procure zoning
approvals, easements, encroachment and construction permits.
SAI offers competitive salary and a full benefits package
including medical, dental, life and disability insurances, flexible
spending accounts, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
SAI is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: SAI Communications, New England , Land Use / Permitting Coordinator, Other , Salem, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!