As an Awake Overnight Counselor, you will provide direct support
to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a
small group residential setting or an individual living
arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we
serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff
to transform their lives by either building independence skills or
increasing each person's quality of life.
Awake Overnight Counselors have a range of duties including have
a range of duties include administrating medication under the
Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implementing treatment plans,
and assisting people with activities of daily living.
Additional responsibilities include nightly cleaning and
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts
Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of
Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff
are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make
decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training,
great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that
requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to
all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we
offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and
Long-Term Disability Insurance Employer-paid Short-Term Disability
Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary,
Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or
more per week):
- 15 Vacation days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 10 Sick days per year
- 3 Personal days per year
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships,
access to discounted movie tickets and more
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading
nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by
building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and
communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more
about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions,
please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: mental health, behavioral health, developmental
disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain
injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling,
social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, home health aide,
HHA, psychology, mental health, disability, developmental
disabilities, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services,
nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery, CTRes,
- A bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field is
preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities
and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a
current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to