Nurse Manager - Dementia Unit
Company: First Atlantic Health Care
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a lead within a strong clinical team, you support the
Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing, and
directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service
Department. Reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Ensure that nursing practice complies with regulatory and
- Help develop and implement immunization programs for
resident/patients and staff;
- Performs clinical rounds on assigned nursing units;
- Promote, establish, and maintain customer relationships with
resident/ patient(s), families, staff, community and other
- Implement policies and procedures regarding communicable
diseases, infection control and isolation procedures as well as
other systems pertinent to nursing education.
- Implement policies and procedures in collaboration with the
Director of Nursing and Nursing Home Administrator.
- Provide support with staff competence with electronic charting
- Make written and verbal reports/recommendations to the Director
of Nursing as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing
- Ensure all nursing staff understand and follow their respective
- Participate in state and federal surveys with authorized
government agencies as requested or directed by the Administrator
or Director of Nursing.
- Assist and implement appropriate plans of action to correct
- Participate in the development, implementation, and review of
resident discharge plans.
- Ensure assessments, reports, evaluations, studies, and charting
is completed according to regulation, standards of practice, and
- Actively participate in Quality Assurance and Performance
Improvement (QAPI) program as directed by the Director of
- Maintain appropriate and adequate communication and
relationships with residents and family members.
- Educate and maintain infection control policies and
- Participate in various committees and workgroups as
- Participate in care plan meetings as necessary as part of the
Resident Assessment Instrument process.
- Ensure sufficient numbers of licensed and certified staff are
available each shift to meet regulatory requirements and provide
appropriate care to residents.
- Participates as in routine and daily care of residents to
include but not be limited to assistance with ADLs, meal/snack
passing and assistance with eating, functional maintenance
plans/nursing restorative plans, and activities.
- Complete routine rounds each day to ensure all staff are
performing work assignments in accordance with acceptable
- Review complaints and concerns made by families, residents and
staff, communicate these concerns including follow up with the
Director of Nursing and/or Administrator as appropriate.
- Ensure care plans reflect the resident's current needs and
- Identify and report any safety related concerns and
occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, potentially
infectious or hazardous materials in accordance with policies and
procedures regarding accidents and incidents.
- Oversee the admission process; inform team members of
prospective admissions, room assignments and care needs.
- Conduct rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Ensure nursing services are provided within the scope of
practice of nursing personnel.
- Report, investigate, and take appropriate action with regard to
medication administration practices and care concerns.
- Complete and deliver assigned staff performance
- Participate in disciplinary process, which should be
administered fairly, in accordance with employee policies and
- Identify and access available resources to develop and
implement an ongoing education plan appropriate for each level of
- Must be dependable, regular attendance.
- Communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain current knowledge of nursing practice.
Education and Experience
Education: Must possess, as a minimum, a State of Maine Nursing
Experience: Demonstrated knowledge and experience sufficient to
perform all duties with excellence
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and use of Electronic Medical Records and/or solid
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Effective leadership skills and/or ability to invest in growing
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Certificates and Licenses
- Possess a diploma, AS or BS degree in nursing.
- Must be currently registered/licensed in Maine.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during
orientation. CPR certification must remain current during
Keywords: First Atlantic Health Care, New England , Nurse Manager - Dementia Unit, Other , Saco, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!