Job Title: Assistant Stock Crew Manager
Department: Center Store
Reports to: Stock Crew Manager
Turns out a wonderful place to shop can be a wonderful place to
work. Our associates are amazing and talented people, and no two
are exactly alike, so we give them the tools they need to grow
their careers and live balanced lives. Wherever your career takes
you, you'll find opportunities at every turn. Here, you can learn
and grow, while always bringing your full self to work. Welcome to
Assistant the Stock Crew Manager with all duties and
responsibilities of the Third Shift Center Store Associates as
assigned by management to meet financial and sales goals. Build
associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in
support of Hannaford Strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet
the department needs.
- Assist maintaining the quality of department's staffing,
scheduling, and financial results
- Cut, mark and stock product, as required.
- Use good judgment in the assignment, delegation and follow-up
for the efficient
performance of the department.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity and respect.
Provide recognition of
accomplishments and offer constructive criticism when
- Role-model appropriate workplace behavior.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Become familiar with, and adhere to all of the standard
practices in the Center Store
Standard Practices Manual.
- Maintain solid communication within the department and
throughout the organization.
- Maintain a high standard of quality workmanship in performance
of all specific duties
and responsibilities assigned.
- Maintain product variety, sales prices and display philosophy
necessary to achieve gross
- Maintain quality condition of all products through proper
- Ensure that productivity levels are at or above company
- Maintain Center Store Department presentation through proper
ordering procedures and
- Maintain the department compliance with pricing (if
- Ensure that work area is clean and organized both in the
receiving and sales floor area.
- Observe and ensure compliance with all company policies and
Work within our company's management planning (MPP) guidelines
- Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work
- Ensure compliance with company standards and programs for
safety, fire prevention, and security.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position,
with or without
reasonable accommodations. Requirements Qualifications:
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Ability to lead and direct the department associates.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Desire to work in a team environment.
Strong organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and
technical requirements including successful completion of the
forklift and power jack training. Must meet minimum age
Ability and availability to work overnight or early morning
shifts as applicable.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and
up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Meet established volume/activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items
below waist level or above
- Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with
cleaning materials, packaging
materials and food products.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20
minutes at a time.
- Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems
required to perform
the job functions.