Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The primary purpose of your job position is be responsible for
the total care of the patients in the Rehab unit during your tour
of duty. You must be in compliance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines, regulations, and policies that govern
our facility, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
Make regular patient visits to observe and evaluate the
patients' physical and emotional status. Assure that medications
are administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as
scheduled. Provide direct nursing care as necessary. Report problem
areas to the Program Manager. Assist in the evacuation of patients
during emergency situations. Make independent decisions concerning
nursing care. Consult Program Manager. Perform CPR and emergency
Review patient care plans for appropriate patient goals,
problem, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs. Review
nurses' notes to determine if the care plan is being followed.
Position is in Branford
Must be a graduate of an approved LPN program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice
as an LPN in this state.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work
harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies ad
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a patient's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, New England , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Newington, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!