US Operations Audit Senior Director
Posted on: June 12, 2021
U.S. Operations, Audit Senior Director
This role reports to the General Auditor and Chief Risk Officer
and leads the U.S. Operations internal audit function. The role
includes coordinating and managing audit assignments ranging from
simple, single site, engagements to complex, multi-site,
large-scale audit engagements.
- To support the Internal Audit vision to deliver
transformational assurance through relevant and timely advice and
insights related to Cigna's highest risks. Internal Audit's vision
supports our commitment to be champions for affordable, predictable
and simple healthcare.
- Responsible for the strategic design and implementation of
Operational audits for the U.S. Medical (Commercial and Government)
and Evernorth businesses, other Operations, and Corporate, driving
a "best in class" function.
- Continually examines all Internal Audit activities, programs,
organizations, operations, and policies to ensure alignment with
Cigna's strategic vision and mission. The individual is expected to
act as a value-add business partner, while maintaining objectivity
- Drives an environment that enables strong team engagement, with
a focus on team effectiveness, continuous learning, and individual
- Ensures audit projects meet professional and Cigna standards in
planning, execution, and reporting.
- Manages and analyses data and records related to project
administration, assignment management, and all other assigned
activities to evaluate audit projects. Acts as advisor to senior
leaders of Special Investigations, IT, and Operations on audit
performance and compliance with best practices.
- Accountable for reviewing and appraising the soundness,
adequacy, compliance, and cost effectiveness of operational,
financial, and information management controls.
- Assesses financial and operational risks and evaluates the
business processes and systems controls designed to mitigate those
- Participates in complex or sensitive audits. Interacts with and
must be able to influence senior management and matrix partners on
matters of significance.
- Evaluates efficiency and cost effectiveness of audit processes;
recommends changes to auditing policies, procedures and programs as
- Leads a team of Audit Directors and Senior Managers, ensuring
high employee engagement and contribution while developing their
leadership skills. Supports an audit function as a "fast career
track" development for specialized staff joining Corporate Audit
(specialized staff from internal programs, FDP and AEDP, and other
areas of the organization).
- Manage the dynamic audit plan ensuring appropriate resourcing,
prioritization and delivery.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field; advanced degree
- 12+ years of audit experience with increasing responsibility,
preferably with exposure to the healthcare industry.
- Highly developed leadership qualities with an ability to
motivate and inspire a group of individuals to achieve superior
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for diverse
- Ability to manage conflict, influence others, prepare/deliver
executive presentations, and challenge the status quo.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated high level of ethics and integrity.
- Highly innovative and comfortable challenging the conventional
ways of doing things.
- The ability to consult with clients to understand their
- High capacity to think analytically, interpret information /
observations, apply judgment and make effective decisions.
Preferred Location: Bloomfield, CT
Alternate Location: St. Louis, MO
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global
health service company dedicated to improving the health,
well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with
colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna, New England , US Operations Audit Senior Director, Other , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!