Mental Health Counselor
Company: The MENTOR Network
Posted on: June 12, 2021
NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides
rehabilitation services for people of all ages with brain, spinal
cord and medically complex injuries, illnesses and other
challenges. In a variety of locations and community-based settings,
we offer a range of programs, including vocational and therapy
programs, day treatments, and specialized services for infants,
children, adolescents, Military Service Members and Veterans.
Behavioral Specialist/Mental Health Counselor (Traveling)
Do you have some experience in behavior management and are you
looking for rewarding work in an organization dedicated to making a
positive impact in the lives of others? Bring your skills and
commitment to a team-based workplace that puts people first. As
Behavioral Specialist, you will contribute directly to the
company's mission of providing quality service to the individuals
- Implement a treatment plan for individuals with behavior issues
or mental health issues by providing individual and/or group
support and intervention.
- Complete structured assessment interviews with parents/care
- Conduct observation of the individual in appropriate settings
such as home, school, or community.
- Review social history information, complete functional
assessments, and target appropriate behavior baseline information
for each referred individual.
- Write and submit summary of assessment and recommended behavior
support plan components to interdisciplinary team (IDT) or program
manager as applicable.
- Ensure behavior support plans and support services comply with
Individual Plans, quality standards, and regulatory
- Encourage continuous, age-appropriate, active treatment and
learning opportunities for individuals served.
- Advocate for the human and civil rights of individuals
receiving services from the agency by attending and presenting
behavior support plan information to human rights and other review
- Support and train staff in implementing behavior intervention
plans; conduct classes and orientations as assigned by the program
- Attend staff meetings and interdisciplinary team meetings, as
- Monitor assigned cases and initiate termination/transition
process when appropriate; ensure optimal caseload is
- May assist in intake process.
- Assure that documentation and records are kept confidential,
organized, and complete; submit monthly documentation to supervisor
in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with local
contacts, other professionals, and other staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree in a human services field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a behavioral management role.
- Documented training in behavior modification techniques
- Ability to maintain composure while exercising sound judgment
- Commitment to the company's mission and values.
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission
alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and
We have meaningful work for you - come join our team - Apply
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and
human services providers offering an array of quality,
community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core
values-Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth-and the behaviors
that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we
approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in
nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Keywords: The MENTOR Network, New England , Mental Health Counselor, Other , Deerfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!