Transportation/Highway Project Engineer
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
VHB's growing Bedford, NH office is seeking an experienced
Transportation/Highway Project Engineer to join our Transportation
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners,
and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation,
real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy
industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients.
At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work
for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we
hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Highway Project Engineer | Bedford, NH
Duties include highway engineering, stormwater management,
drainage design, cost estimating, hydraulics and report
- Conceptual design and analysis
- Design of highways and roads including development of geometric
layout, grading and drainage, working with utilities, and
- Prepare and/or review design criteria, calculations, drawings,
quantity estimates and specifications
- Development of 3D modeling
- Traffic Control and Constructability development and
- Typical section development and pavement design
- Signing and striping
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Open Roads and/or Civil3D
- Stormwater analysis
- Final Design Plan Development
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
- 4+ years of professional transportation engineering
- EIT/PE certification strongly preferred
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, New England , Transportation/Highway Project Engineer, Other , Bedford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!