Retail Shift Manager
Posted on: July 22, 2021
We invite you to be part of our
team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy
the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all
outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a 3rd shift Stores Operations
Leader. Hours of operations will be 10:00pm-6:30am. Shift
differential pay after 11pm.
Position Purpose: Oversees all functional areas including
shipment receiving and processing, returns processing, transfer
activity, and omni operations. Drives productivity standards of the
team and coaches for maximum efficiency and performance.
Primary business owner of the stock room and cash wrap.
Total store responsibilities including metric achievement,
talent development, and leader on duty functions.
Total Store Accountability
- Aids in the achievement of all financial measures as well as
area specific metrics.
- Key holder as required serving as a potential opener/closer for
- Acts as a Leader on Duty Drive sales and service engagement by
coaching Reps for improvement in the moment
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into
- Contributes to Peak planning preparation and
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and
development of the team
- Expense management ownership ensuring proper use of resources
and adherence to budgetary guidelines with a focus on payroll
- Leads the operation reps/service hub team in daily tasks
- Prepares & communicates daily task responsibilities to staff.
Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development
of the team
- Supports and trains associates, communicating standards and
processes, company policies and procedures
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work
- Address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day
to day operations within defined parameters in accordance with
company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- Provides in the moment input, feedback, and coaching. If
performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for
performance management process
- Manages inbound freight processing per SOP and productivity
guidelines completing all shipments within 24 hours of
- Works in collaboration with other leaders to replenish sales
floor stock and push replenishment truck product to the floor.
- Oversees and manages the return processes following standard
operating practices by assigning the proper quality codes
- Executes store to store/store to warehouse transfers in a
- Execute all aspects of omni channel business including FES
orders, phone call management, and RIO’s are completed per
BOH/Service Hub Operations
- Maintains a clean, organized, and efficient stock room while
adhering to operating standards and safety requirements.
- Adheres to all loss prevention policies and procedures
inspecting the back of house and sales floor space for
- Is an active participant in health and safety by following all
safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or
at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe
- Models safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are
reduced to acceptable levels ensuring safety remains a top
- Maintains the cash office per policy ensuring proper
signatures, accurate reconciliation, and general organization is
- Ensure the service hub is fully stocked, free of clutter, and
- Accountable for cashier execution and efficiency with a focus
on service delivery
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is
responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace.
Employees are expected to be active participants in health and
safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting
unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and
conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are
also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure
that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Years of Experience: 2+
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior relevant experience desired
- Store operations background
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication
- Systems knowledge and exposure a plus (POS, Word, Excel)
If you care about the outdoors,
joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our
benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and
perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus,
maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are
all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re
all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where
we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual
differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because
the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean
Keywords: L.L.Bean, New England , Retail Shift Manager, Other , Freeport, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!