Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
Company: Chocoladefabriken Lindt
Posted on: January 16, 2022
22-419Machine Operator - 3rd ShiftStratham, New
HampshireStratham, New Hampshire
The individual in this position is responsible for the daily set-up
and operation of manufacturing machines. In addition, this
individual insures that all L&S safety and quality standards
are consistently met.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily
production goals are met.
* Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize
* Responsible for monitoring the machine and material running
through machine to insure product meets quality and production
standards; report problems to line operator in a timely manner.
* Participate in 5 Why analysis to problem solve and ensure minimal
* Assist with performing simple preventative maintenance tasks on
machinery to prevent down time.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
* Responsible for visual inspection of materials and products used
to ensure that L&S productivity and quality standards are met
or exceeded; may be required to taste product as part of daily
* Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed;
consistently report issues in a timely and accurate manner to the
Line Operator. Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures.
* Using 5S methodology ensure equipment and surrounding area is
maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
* Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned
* Monitor and record production run quantities, job orders, product
and wrapping materials used, pallet tags, waste and machinery down
times on the work order and directly in the computer system.
* Establish and communicate material stocks availability to meet
daily production requirements.
* In partnership with Facilities, responsible for establishing and
maintaining accurate record keeping logs that will communicate
downtime, resolutions and preventive maintenance conducted on
* Maintain accurate machine logs to identify efficiencies, trends,
benchmark problems, issues and resolutions. Communicate consistent
issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
* Attend daily and weekly technical meetings to report and discuss
productivity and safety issues, participate in identifying
resolutions to problems and making recommendations to
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we
recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent
makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt
consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven
Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated
professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career
experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our
business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams,
Our Core Values:
* Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for
what we do -- we aspire for excellence in everything.
* In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose
-- we invest in our relationships and value each other.
* Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future -- we take
opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our
* Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving
results -- we focus on what matters to deliver on our
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the
right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to
undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and
Spr--ngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or
any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background
screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All
Lindt & Spr--ngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco
Qualifications & Requirements:
* The ability to demonstrate strong operating knowledge of
* Basic mechanical skills
* Actively participate in group discussions
Skills & Knowledge:
* Basic Computer Skills (windows based software)
* Basic written and effective communication skills
* Ability to take direction and execute in a fast paced
* Technical skills as it relates to machinery, and ability to
* Understand Total Productive Management to include Autonomous
Management, Preventive Maintenance & Safety and be able to perform
basic maintenance on the machine to include, inspection,
lubrication and basic repair.
* High School Graduate
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
* Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with
* Demonstrated hand/eye coordination
* Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required
* Weekend work, as required
Keywords: Chocoladefabriken Lindt, New England , Machine Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Stratham, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!