Austemper Furnace Operator, 2nd Shift - American H
Company: Precision Resource
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAustemper Furnace Operator - American Heat
Treating, Inc.Company Background: American Heat Treating, Inc.
(AHT) located in Monroe, CT, was founded in 1981 to serve the saw
bland and tooling businesses. It has become one of the finest and
most versatile heat treating facilities in the Northeast. Today,
the company serves a variety of industries. AHT provides pick-up
and delivery services in the southern and central areas of
Connecticut. We offer heat treating processes such as continuous
austempering, continuous hardening, tempering, molten salt, brazing
batch carburizing, carbonitriding and induction hardening. We can
carbon restore, normalize, and homogenize. Vacuum processes such as
hardening, annealing, tempering, aging, precipitation hardening,
and stress relieving are also processes we perform to our
customer's requirements.Summary: Process scheduled customer work
through the furnace line.Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Set up line according to Work Order and Standard furnace
- Maintain all tank levels. (water and salt)
- Perform all necessary maintenance tasks before line start
- Removal of scrap from tanks.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on chute, muffle and pan.
- Maintain all required documentation including Furnace Log
- Perform IN PROCESS inspections as specified by work order
and/or QC alerts.
- Monitor parts for signs of distortion and/or foreign
- Operate all components of the line in a safe and efficient
- Monitor equipment for correct operation. Notify Supervisor if
out of parameter condition is observed.
- Handle parts to be processed in a manner precluding mixing and
process and unprocessed parts.
- Keep "Catch Points" free of foreign material.
- Separate correct quantity of parts for QC final
- Repack and move processed parts to designated staging area, as
required strap and wrap.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, clean up any and all oils
- Notify Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.Qualifications and
Education: High School Diploma or GEDBenefits: Medical, Dental,
401KAmerican Heat Treating, Inc is an equal opportunity employer,
M/F/D/V.Keywords: Factory Worker, Machine Operator, Production,
Light Industrial, Manufacturing, Heat TreatingPowered by
Keywords: Precision Resource, New England , Austemper Furnace Operator, 2nd Shift - American H, Other , Monroe, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!