Company: Masonicare Corp
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Security OfficerMasonicare Health Center –
Wallingford, CTPart Time - WeekendsFriday, Saturday, Sunday -
24hrs/wk - BENEFIT ELIGIBLE POSITIONDay Shift: 730am - 4pmProvides
security for patients, employees and visitors; protects hospital
buildings, assets, and premises as assigned. Assists the Security
Supervisor with security and safety operations for the upper and
lower Masonicare campus in Wallingford, including the Masonicare
Health Center and Masonicare at Ashlar Village.Essential Duties and
- Conducts preventative patrols of buildings and premises to
prevent fire, thefts, vandalism and intruders.
- Monitors conduct of visitors; confronts unauthorized persons
for questioning as needed. Escorts employees and visitors to
parking areas and buildings lots and hospital buildings.
- Writes comprehensive accurate reports detailing activities
during shift. Responds to incidents/accidents completely
documenting same using prescribed departmental forms and
- Responds to inquiries for advice or assistance from employees,
visitors, vendors and students.
- Provides assistance to nursing staff of psychiatric patients as
- Reacts to internal and external emergencies.
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and buildings. Secures patient
valuables or lost and found articles; maintains records of items
- Controls vehicle traffic and facility. Conducts checks of
parking areas issuing tickets and reporting infractions. Maintains
knowledge of computerized database for vehicle tracking.
- Notify supervisor, police or fire department when situations
warrant. Notifies maintenance personnel for major snow or ice
- Provides relief for communications coordinator.
- Attends meetings as required. Participates in mandatory
in-service education programs.
- Responds to fire alarms, calls for aid and other emergencies at
Masonicare Health Center and Ashlar Village following described
procedures in the Fire/Disaster plan and departmental policy and
procedures. Communicates important information to pertinent staff.
- Provides prompt, courteous service to residents and their
families with a positive attitude. When speaking with residents,
listens to their concerns and responds appropriately in a
- Helps create a safe work environment by following safety
guidelines to prevent injuries to staff, residents, and visitors.
Notifies management of unsafe work conditions.
- Adheres to departmental dress code by wearing full uniform and
presenting a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult and older
residents/patients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity,
needs, abilities and physical condition.
- Performs other duties as required.Minimum
Qualifications:Education: High School or GED, guard card/security
officer required certification courseExperience: 6-12 months
experience in security operations preferred. Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations: Active and valid guard card.
Keywords: Masonicare Corp, New England , Security Officer, Other , Wallingford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!