Company: Orthopedic Associates of Hartford
Posted on: May 16, 2022
** $2,000 Sign-on Bonus **Established in 1970, Orthopedic
Associates of Hartford, P.C., is one of the areas largest
orthopedic practices with office locations throughout greater
Hartford. Our growing practice is currently seeking a Medical
Collector to join our Billing & Collections team in our Farmington
business office. The successful candidate will be a team player who
is dependable, organized, enthusiastic, and detail oriented.
Important to this position is the ability to build relationships
with our customers, both internal and external to promote feedback
and timely resolution of outstanding claims. Proficiency in many
computer software programs is required as well as an understanding
of insurance payment methodologies to insure accurate
reimbursement. A positive "can-do" attitude is a
- Following policies and procedures, timely and accurately
follows-up on claims for the resolution of outstanding
- Participates in the collection and documentation of claims
- Generates both electronic and hard copy claims for
- Obtains supporting documentation and other information required
to insure acceptance of claim.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with interdepartmental
units when necessary.
- Documents pertinent account information pertaining to claims
submission and resolution.
- Enters demographic data into the billing & collections
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Two years recent experience in medical collections and/or
medical billing with result oriented debt collections skills.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding and Federal HIPAA
- Computer skills, including GE Centricity, electronic billing,
Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a
professional and courteous telephone manner.
- High School diploma.PM22PI175567725
Keywords: Orthopedic Associates of Hartford, New England , Medical Collector, Other , Farmington, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!