Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Title: Groundperson
The groundperson is responsible for maintaining equipment and
materials, and for ensuring adequate stock levels of consumables.
You will ensure the appearance of trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns,
and keep the grounds free from harmful insects and plant diseases.
The grounds person also assists with equipment spotting, aiding the
equipment operators when moving vehicles and equipment and scanning
areas from trip and fall hazards, ensuring other workers stay out
of the path of travel.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurances Essential
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operate chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger
- Gather and feed brush into wood chipper.
- Apply chemical herbicide to right-of-way
- Utilize hose and spray nozzle to treat remote areas.
- Services vehicles and equipment, maintaining them in neat,
clean, and specified mechanical order.
- Assists in mixing herbicide
- Works on unlevel ground, around hazardous equipment, falling
debris/tree limbs, and excessive equipment noise with
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to
nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust,
etc. Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years-of-age or older. Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Entry-level position, no experience required.
- Previous experience a plus. Pre-Screen
- Upon offer, employees are required to subject and pass both a
pre-employment drug screen and background and/or MVR check. License
- Valid driver's license required. Physical Requirements:
- RARE (less than 10%): Sitting, Crawling, Climbing Poles, Color
Vision, Climbing Ladders, Climbing Stairs
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, kneeling squatting, body
twisting, sense of touch, climbing on/off truck, gripping, lifting
over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting over 50 lbs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): standing, walking, manual dexterity,
seeing distant, seeing, reading, range of motion, hearing-speech
range, depth perception, climbing stairs, lifting up to 10
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Sense of Touch, Gripping, Seeing,
Carrying, Pulling Safety
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and
requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees
must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of
equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and
concentration for extended periods of time, be able to withstand
exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments,
be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able
to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the
endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of
performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be
able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend
written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate &
handle confrontations professionally.
As a full-service utility contractor Asplundh performs tree pruning
and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation
management with herbicides and emergency storm work and logistical
support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose
subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction,
planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation,
electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services.
Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management,
overhead electric distribution and transmission lines using MD 500
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals
with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should
contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Agriculture & Environment
Keywords: Asplundh, New England , Groundperson, Other , Windsor, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!