Catering Chef - Full Time Year Round
Company: Stratton Mountain Resort
Posted on: June 26, 2022
COMPANY OVERVIEW At Stratton, we are a team of people who work
extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting
how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent
and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests
expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY
CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES. BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK
AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? Stratton's team
members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career
advancement and some great lifestyle perks for our seasonal team
- Stratton season pass for all employees
- Free season pass for dependents - this includes spouse &
children under 26 years old
- Alterra Mountain Pass - good for lift access & discounts at all
Alterra owned resorts dependents too!
- Unlimited introduction letters for 50% off day tickets at IKON
- Discounted golf, mountain bike, and fitness center
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- 12 - $25 lift tickets for your friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous PTO plan to facilitate a work/life balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Stratton's Catering
Chef is responsible for the management of all aspects of the
kitchen to deliver the exemplary service our guests and partners
are accustomed to receiving. The Catering Chef is responsible for
the management of the culinary and kitchen processes, the related
administrative tasks, budgets, and for managing the associated team
members for all assigned events/locations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Oversees training of seasonal staff in all areas of production,
presentation, and sanitation.
- Creates weekly schedules for kitchen staff in accordance with
business needs and budget.
- Places all product orders through approved vendors and
suppliers, and ensures proper product pars are met.
- Maintains product specs. and recipe standards are
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross
profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
- Maintains sanitation standards, including HACCP documentation,
and proper product rotation.
- Completes EOM inventory.
- Works with Outlets Chef for all support needs including
staffing, product requisition, and equipment maintenance.
- May be required to assist Outlets/Executive Chefs with other
duties as assigned including catered events, special functions, and
filling staffing needs at other outlets.
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and
post-meeting minutes generated.
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company
policies and procedures.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team.
- Comply with public safety, fire regulations and all health and
safety and food safety legislation.
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in
a timely manner.
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning
is in line with resort objectives.
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on
- Regular review of all menus with Executive Chef to confirm
offerings are in line with market trends and company
- Be environmentally aware.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- EDUCATION: CULINARY DEGREE/CERTIFICATE PREFERRED
- EXPERIENCE: 2-5 YEARS KITCHEN MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Current Servsafe food protection manager certification TRAVEL
- Occasional day trips - recruiting trips and industry events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on feet for shifts of 8 hours or longer
- Ability to work in both hot and freezing temperatures
throughout one shift
- This position is regularly required to work evenings, weekends
and holidays Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors, work tasks will may be
performed outdoors- the associate is exposed to extreme cold and
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to: non-slip footwear and gloves.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established from time to time, is essential to the successful
performance of this position- associates with irregular attendance
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment.
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings and training sessions is
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per standards
- This position is required to wear a uniform as stipulated by
Resort standards To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily-
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerRequired
Keywords: Stratton Mountain Resort, New England , Catering Chef - Full Time Year Round, Other , Bondville, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!