Community Residential Support Specialist
Company: Washington County Mental Health Services
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Community Support
Specialist/Residential Support SpecialistDIVISION: Community
Developmental Services PROGRAM: Community/Residential Support
ServicesDESCRIPTION: We are an innovative person-centered
organization that has been providing support to individuals and
families living in Central Vermont for over 50 years. We support
people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to live
their best life, to be part of the community, to explore their
dreams and achieve their goals. You will be part of a dynamic,
caring team that promotes creativity and having fun. If you have a
positive mindset, are creative and passionate about helping
individuals achieve goals, then you will be a great fit for our
team. This is a full-time 37.5 hour position (with benefits)
providing support services to an individual with communication,
sensory, mobility and personal care needs. To be offered in a
community setting. ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- Help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making, by
way of assisting individual in building and implementing a
well-balance daily schedule.
- Assist individual in attending community activities/classes and
self-advocacy initiatives, and to foster community
- Support individual with communication needs, and to learn
appropriate methods to do so.
- Encourage individual in improving daily & independent living
- Record detailed information and data to be submitted in a
timely manner via an electronic records management
system.SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL:
- Possess the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Follow through with assigned tasks.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess and express great patience and empathyWHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and opportunities for overtime, if
- Generous medical, dental, vision, life and accident
- Matching 403(b)
- Employee assistance plan.
- Generous sick and vacation accruals and 12.5 paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel.
- Fun and engaging environment. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, excellent driving
record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience with technology such as Microsoft Suite.
- Prior experience working with individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities preferred but not requiredInterested
Candidates: Send letter of interest/resume toWCMHS, Personnel, PO
Box 647, Montpelier, VT 05601www.wcmhs.org * email@example.com *
229-1399 x790 Fax 223-8623Powered by JazzHRN1Sz5exb79
Keywords: Washington County Mental Health Services, New England , Community Residential Support Specialist, Other , Barre, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!